NWDC Mod Rotation - DAN Addition

Announcements and updates about the site
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

NWDC Mod Rotation - DAN Addition

Post by John Rawlings »

Due to time constraints caused by important and pressing needs elsewhere, our good friend and colleague Valerie Lyttle, (Zen Diver), has tendered her resignation as a NWDC Moderator. Probably one of the most universally admired and respected members of NWDC, Valerie has long been a voice of reason as well as both enthusiasm and kindness, always willing to share information and her excitement with diving with everyone. As a Moderator, she will surely be missed! Fortunately, as a friend she will remain with us as an active member as well as filling a new role as NWDC’s DAN Ambassador. So, please join us in bidding farewell to Valerie as a Moderator….but she’s not going far! :luv:

In her stead, we also welcome a new Moderator to the group! Penelope St. John, (Penopolypants), is joining the Moderator group effective today! Penelope has been a consistently enthusiastic member of NWDC for a long, long time, and her contributions have been many. Those of you that have seen her at the NWDC booth at the Dive Expos know how devoted she is to the club, and those of you that have dived with her know about her great love for our common addiction – diving! So, please join all of us in welcoming Penelope to her new role – the newest Moderator for Northwest Dive Club! =D>

The Mods
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: NWDC Mod Rotation - DAN Addition

Post by Tangfish »

Yippee!

For those of you who didn't know already, Zen Diver is an expert when it comes to anything DAN related. And, she's an RN. So, for all your dive safety related queries, look to Val.

Many of you already know Penopolypants from club dives, the expo, and random parking lots (get your minds out of the gutter!). Please join us in recognizing and expressing gratitude for her commitment to the dive club. :eric:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

WTG :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Val: thank you for your many contributions as a mod here. And thanks in advance for all the contributions you will no doubt be making in the future!

Penelope: Welcome to hell, kid. Follow these rules, and you might live for a while: Don't be first for anything. Don't be last for anything. And never volunteer for anything. Oh, and whatever you do, never, under any circumstances, open a link posted by, or sent to you, from Calvin. There are some things you can't "un-see."
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Joshua Smith wrote: Oh, and whatever you do, never, under any circumstances, open a link posted by, or sent to you, from Calvin. There are some things you can't "un-see."
Once again, I was out of town when they sent out this memo... :eek: :violent1: :banghead: My therapy bills are getting SERIOUSLY out of hand...

And for those miscreants who think their Board life just got easier with the addition of Penelope :stick: I simply remind them of this smilie named after our newest moderator!

:penelope:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Yay, Penelope. Congrats!
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Joshua Smith wrote:Penelope: Welcome to hell, kid. Follow these rules, and you might live for a while: Don't be first for anything. Don't be last for anything. And never volunteer for anything. Oh, and whatever you do, never, under any circumstances, open a link posted by, or sent to you, from Calvin. There are some things you can't "un-see."
And most importantly - Don't ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone...for any reason ever no matter what. No matter where or who or who you were with or where you are going or...where you've been. Ever. For any reason whatsoever.

Seriously, thanks for your contributions, Val.

Penelope....SUCKA! er, uh, I mean congrats!
Last edited by BDub on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Wahoo!! It couldn't happen to two nicer people. You gals rock!! :supz:
Kelly
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Yay for Val.
Yay for Penelope.
Yay for the club because we get both of you.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Thanks for the kind words and well-wishes, everyone!

I'll try to avoid giving you reasons to gird your loins too often! :penelope:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Congratulations PeeNoPawleePants! I'm sure you'll develop MAD MOD skills in no time. :penelope:
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Congrats to both of you. =D>
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

we'll miss you behind the scenes, val! :bye:

but really glad to have PPants onboard! :partydance:
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

My 5 year old granddaughter is taking GREAT delight in the nickname, "P-Pants".... :rofl:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

John Rawlings wrote:My 5 year old granddaughter is taking GREAT delight in the nickname, "P-Pants".... :rofl:
:joshsmith: I like making people laugh!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Penopolypants wrote: :joshsmith: I like making people laugh!
doesn't take much. sometimes she just needs to show up. :tomatoe:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spatman wrote:
Penopolypants wrote: :joshsmith: I like making people laugh!
doesn't take much. sometimes she just needs to show up. :tomatoe:
:arsespank:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I can't think of a better replacement than Miss P-Pants, who will serve you well I'm sure. I'll still around and watching out, my Powers have just been modified somewhat :angelblue:

Valerie
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Thanks Val, for your years of service to the site!!

P-Pants is the perfect replacement! Thanks Polypropylenepants! :taco:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: