hood canal O2 impacts

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

hood canal O2 impacts

Post by CaptnJack »

Has anyone done the north end of Hood Canal recently? Brinnon Pinnacle or further north? Are fish noticably O2 stressed in this area right now (Late June 2010)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Re: hood canal O2 impacts

Post by dsteding »

CaptnJack wrote:Has anyone done the north end of Hood Canal recently? Brinnon Pinnacle or further north? Are fish noticably O2 stressed in this area right now (Late June 2010)
Haven't dove there or anywhere else, but the Seattle Times had an article about the healthy crab populations in the north part of the Canal. Check that and see if north to them extended as far south as the pinnacle.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

CaptnJack wrote:Has anyone done the north end of Hood Canal recently? Brinnon Pinnacle or further north? Are fish noticably O2 stressed in this area right now (Late June 2010)
Dove Pinnacle a week ago. The only thing I have noticed differently, which may not be all that unusual, is finding a few Vermillion in the 35 to 40ft range. I located 5 wolf eel between the eastside going clockwise to the south end of the mount from 60ft to 80ft deep. They all appeared well. FWIW, there was a group on it yesterday. I made a point to ask and no one reported anything out of the ordinary.

-Mark
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Cool thanks, thinking of doing Pulali next weekend. But also maybe the Bridge Pinnacle (forget the name, southwest side of the bridge with the marker on top).

Interested in hanging out on the SI and/or buddy boating?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

CaptnJack wrote:...But also maybe the Bridge Pinnacle (forget the name, southwest side of the bridge with the marker on top).
"The Sisters"
CaptnJack wrote:Interested in hanging out on the SI and/or buddy boating?
PM headed your way.

-Mark