Please VOTE! Scuba License Plates

General banter about diving and why we love it.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Please VOTE! Scuba License Plates

Post by nwscubamom »

WSA has been working on the idea of putting together a scuba diving license plate for the residents of Washington State. It's a VERY long drawn out, expensive process involving a huge chunk of money, a good design, and about 3500 signatures from divers who might be interested. The earliest the plate could be issued would be 2009.

OK, well, we're not there yet! First things first - we need your help in determining which design(s) you like best. I know which preferences I have, but hey, you all are going to be the ones who hopefully purchase these license plates for your vehicles. (I want one for my motorcycle!) :)

I have posted 5 designs on the WSA website (http://www.wascuba.org) and made a little form for you to check off and submit. When you are finished, it will redirect you to the membership page because....good news.....

WSA Board of Directors recently decided to waive all membership fees and make general membership FREE. For those of you who have already paid to join, you will be given the option of a refund, or just turning it into a (greatly appreciated) donation to WSA.

PLEASE consider joining WSA as a member. We want to represent the dive community in Washington.

OK, that's it for now! See the license plate designs here:
http://www.wascuba.org/licenseplates.htm

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
jeff98208
Aquanaut

diving

Post by jeff98208 »

i went to you site wascuba.org and its cool. i even took the time to join. later!

good day!
jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I joined and voted.. I like the plate that has the small wa DD background with wsa vertical over the original plate design.. :supz:
Who run barter town?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Also joined and voted.

Hey NW DIVECLUB! When are we going to have Janna come up and do an Invertebrate ID Class?!? :book:

They are awesome, Janna is awesome, let's do it sometime!

One way or another, Janna I need to do my class! I'll come South if nothing else!
Last edited by Tom Nic on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Cast my vote - and signed up too.

Later!!
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

DiverDown wrote:I joined and voted.. I like the plate that has the small wa DD background with wsa vertical over the original plate design.. :supz:
me, too. :supz:
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Tom Nic wrote:Hey NW DIVECLUB! When are we going to have Janna come up and do an Invertebrate ID Class?!? :book:
if we could get janna to come to seattle for a class, that'd be really cool! i've been looking to do one, but i think the next one is going to be across the sound ...
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Scuba Squid
Just Settling In

Post by Scuba Squid »

I voted and signed up. Plate #4`is my choice. Dive into Washington!!

Art
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Voted and joined. I think the octopus attacking the mountain is funny - like a bad Japanese movie. I commented that a wolfeel or grunt sculpin would have been cool too, but I think those who were involved did a great job. It will be awesome when those plates are out.

Is there any word on which one is the front runner currently?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Joined and Voted
(I like #3)
I'll take two please! :bootyshake:
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I have voted already. WSA is going to do a lot for diving in our state. Thanks to everyone who has joined!
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I want to get one but i dont live in WA darn it ](*,) ](*,) ](*,I swear you guys are so spoiled you have all the dive sites and get the cool plates for your cars

life is so unfair

WINE WINE any one have some cheese

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Janna, what's the public feedback so far. Has it been decided which design to go with yet?
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

I recently heard there were problems with the design, and that they were looking for a graphic artist. Several had been contacted but nothing has come of it. Mike Cooper, of WSA's Board of Directors, is the one spearheading the effort.

If any of you know of someone who might be interested in volunteering a little time for this effort, please let me know!

I also heard that the final design is probably going to be different than what was voted upon, but we'll need to see what the graphic artist says. DOL has many limitations on space, colors used, etc for these specialized plates.

I will certainly push for some choices so we all can see firsthand what will work.

So bottom line is, it's in progress, but they're in need of some help now!

Hope this helps!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------