sad and heartbreaking

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
bigsky
Dive-aholic

sad and heartbreaking

Post by bigsky »

i know the sun is an english version of the enquirer
but i do not believe this is photo shopped
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... harks.html
i know the difference between right and wrong
wrong is usually the fun one
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: sad and heartbreaking

Post by spatman »

that makes me want to throw up.
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Imagine that, it's the Japanese....

I'm a hunter, and that disgusts me, right along with spearing whales. That country has got to be the biggest rapists of the ocean in this world. they should be confined to fish no more than 2 miles off their own shore, and no exporting of seafood, and if they can't sustain a population of fish in that 2 miles and wipe them all out...oh well! The Japanese better find something else to eat.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yikes. Kind of a scary picture to say the least.

Oh, and it's not just the Japanese that consume large quantities of fish, including endangered ones (although they certainly are among the most egregious in their use of the ocean's resources). There are several nations that fit in that category. Google Norway and whaling and you'll find a few of our WASP buddies getting in on the action as well.

****This is NOT meant to start a flame war or a debate on who is the greatest offender in this regard, only to point out that is is NOT just the Japanese - there is plenty of blame to go around.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Since you mentioned Norway, I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is a different brand of "WASP" than I.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

WASP7000 wrote:Since you mentioned Norway, I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is a different brand of "WASP" than I.
Absolutely! :) "White Anglo Saxon Protestant" is the acronym I was going for! :)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

LOL, I thought so, just didn't want anyone to get confused there...