Update on License Plate efforts

General banter about diving and why we love it.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Update on License Plate efforts

Post by nwscubamom »

We thought it was time to provide everyone an update on our license plate design activity. But first we would like to thank each of you that took the time to provide us your thoughts regarding the potential designs.

Unfortunately we have had to go back to the drawing board. Based upon discussions with the Department of Licensing we found out there is a very good chance that the Mt. Rainier background may be going away. In addition there is a problem using the bright red color on the license plate.

So – we are now working on trying to develop some new designs. If you happen to know an outstanding graphic artist that would like to help us in this effort we would appreciate any help we can get.

Now a few facts regarding this effort

· We will need to sign up 3500 vehicles for the state to proceed forward. So if you have a bunch of vehicles that is great.
· When you sign our “petition” it is stating your intent to purchase the license plate but is NOT committing you to purchase the license plate.
· The state will retain a portion of the fees and the remained will go to the Washington Scuba Alliance. As you know we are looking at mooring buoys, cement reef balls, sinking ships as dive attractions and a number of other activities. So this source of funding is very important to us.
· If you have a custom license plate you will be able to retain your special letters/words
· If we want to make it into this year’s process we will need to have collected the signatures, and done the “paperwork” by the August-October timeframe.
· If we make it in time the license plates will be available in 2009 – that is why we want to proceed as quickly as possible.

We will work to keep you updated as we proceed forward.

Again – creative graphic artistic help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Cooper, Washington Scuba Alliance Board
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I have immediate access to 11 vehicles we can register. MIGHT be able to help on the artist (not me)... will check with them.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

I will sign up my two vehicles! Just let me know what I need to do! Exciting stuff! :supz: Thanks for the updates Janna!
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

It will also help to get neighbors on board... I imagine it just requires a current plate and signature.

I've got an email into my professional artist cousin.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

How/when can we sign the petition?
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

i will be more than willing to sign that petition.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Update on the petition!

Post by nwscubamom »

UPDATE! (you guys weren't the only ones asking this question)

We will put out the petition once we have a final design and approval from the state. The petitions will be placed at dive stores and dive clubs as they will not allow electronic petitions.

Also, a HUGE thank you to those who are checking into graphic artist connections. We do have a lot of instruction and guidance from the state regarding the design, plus we (as you know) already have some preliminary designs that may just need some tweaking. So it's not like they have to start all over from scratch.

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------