looking for info about DIR/UTD

Discuss Team Diving here.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: looking for info about DIR/UTD

Post by Joshua Smith »

brihno wrote:haha- spatman you're right on this one. I am helping to hijack my own thread. I just figure its a way to get to know everyone without driving 9 hours to meet in person...
Welcome to the site. You're gonna fit right in.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

spatman wrote:
brihno wrote:haha- spatman you're right on this one. I am helping to hijack my own thread. I just figure its a way to get to know everyone without driving 9 hours to meet in person...
welcome to NWDC, buddy!
:partydance: :80sdance: :partydance:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

thanks guys, glad to be here. I am hoping this will facilitate more diving for me by helping me find dive buddies.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Isn't that why we initiated the NHZ policy? If somebody has a serious topic they don't want de-railed, they are welcome to label it as NHZ, and we respect that, and if people don't, the Mod's will enforce it.

This thread followed a pretty typical pattern, I agree, but again, the OP participated in the threadjack, so again Bob, why is this any skin off your nose? There are tons of over-regulated, heavily modded forums on the internet where people can go to get a question answered, then the thread dies. In this case the thread continued AFTER the OP's questions were answered in a slightly off topic direction, with a bunch of "DIR" trained divers poking fun at "DIR" stereotypes.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

2jtD2.jpg
No. I'm not here to help.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sockmonkey wrote:No. I'm not here to help.

-Eric

And yet, I feel strangely comforted.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Ugly!!!!!!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Nwbrewer wrote:Isn't that why we initiated the NHZ policy? If somebody has a serious topic they don't want de-railed, they are welcome to label it as NHZ, and we respect that, and if people don't, the Mod's will enforce it.

This thread followed a pretty typical pattern, I agree, but again, the OP participated in the threadjack, so again Bob, why is this any skin off your nose? There are tons of over-regulated, heavily modded forums on the internet where people can go to get a question answered, then the thread dies. In this case the thread continued AFTER the OP's questions were answered in a slightly off topic direction, with a bunch of "DIR" trained divers poking fun at "DIR" stereotypes.
Initially, all I did was post a picture indicating that the thread (as usual) had taken a detour.

In the spirit of NWDC, I think it's a picture you will get used to seeing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BTW - when did my bodily functions come into this? Also - it's been quite a while since I've been involved in a thread-jack like this.

If someone doesn't like the flavor of where some threads go, then they can probably feel pretty confident that they're not missing anything of substance by skipping the rest of the thread and spending their time reading another one.

brihno - you're going to fit in here just fine; I'm glad you found us. Keep us posted on your training and when you arrive - we're already waiting for ya.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw[/youtube]

listen.
i dare you.
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

kat wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw[/youtube]

listen.
i dare you.

Was that Muntant Rabbit frog kicking?......... not that I watched all the way through... but if I did, there may have been a frog kicking mutant rabbit in that video... :tomnic:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

that song is even better when buzzed, as I currently am. ( making it through to Monday when I can visit the back-cracker and get this sciatica straightened out)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Geek wrote:Was that Muntant Rabbit frog kicking?......... not that I watched all the way through... but if I did, there may have been a frog kicking mutant rabbit in that video... :tomnic:
Dude... it was. Or I've been inhaling the same fumes that you have.

A Mutant Frog Kicking Rabbit - Who'da thunk it?!

....somebody should adopt it for a mascot.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

brihno wrote:that song is even better when buzzed, as I currently am. ( making it through to Monday when I can visit the back-cracker and get this sciatica straightened out)
I think most things Irish are a little better when half cocked.
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

Haha! wonder why that is? One I do like anytime is that song they used in the Sherlock Holmes movie when he's fighting that old-style MMA bout. The Road to (something can't remember...). Anyhow that one's awesome.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

the rabbit...
so awesome...

LOL!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

ljjames wrote:the rabbit...
so awesome...

LOL!
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Gutterbrain!
Sockmonkey wrote:

ljjames wrote:the rabbit...
so awesome...

LOL!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

What the heck is this DIR you speak of? Fruity Beer Bad, Arrogant Bastard Good, Mothership Wit Very BAD!

I know nothing of Rabbits and Bobs picture made me laugh.

Martial Arts, Tactical Shooting, All things Black, Standard Gear and training, Friends who can fix things and Arguing on the Internets.

This is my life. This is our life. May we live forever.

Oh, and what the Hell DO you do with a drunken sailor? I didn't make it past the first verse.