Invertebrate Class Friday 05.19.06 dive on 05.20.06

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Invertebrate Class Friday 05.19.06 dive on 05.20.06

Post by Dave »

Everyone interested in taking an invertebrate class taught by Janna Nichols May 20th please respond to this thread. Class location and cost will be posted soon.
Thanks Guys !!!
:partyman:
Last edited by Dave on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

not sure going to try real hard but well have to see how it goes

I will keep you posted.
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Dave I think Erin and I are in but only the progress of my business will tell :vom:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I realized that I have a wedding that day. I remember she said she was down to do it the 20th or the 27th. If no one has made plans yet then I vote for the 27th :prayer:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Calvin I have a resue class on may 27th, do you and dave wanna join?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Who is doing it??? Pm me with the cost and I am into it!!! Calvin already has his rescue and going DM on us already!!! :bounce:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'm available on the 20th, and out of town on the 27th. If there is enough interest to make it worthwhile for Janna, could we do 2 classes? Perhaps the 20th AND a June date?

I beleive that the cost of the class is $100, plus any books that you might want to purchase. (The books are not required.)

Janna, what is the minimum number of students you need to make it worth your time?

And to all of you who have yet to experience a class with Janna it is SO worth your time! Besides being Janna being an awesome teacher, the information that you learn really add much to your dive experience. (more than I expected!) I think Calvin and Dave would agree with this as well!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Maverick wrote:Calvin I have a resue class on may 27th, do you and dave wanna join?
Is that MAY 27th???? If so yep!!!!
:book:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Is anyone in contact with Janna? I still haven't heard what became of the incident involving her stuff getting stolen.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

I just spoke with her today and the class is on for the 19th and 20th,,just like the fish ID meaning class on Friday night and the dive Saturday morning...

We need to get everyone interested to commit a.s.a.p.

Please respond right away,,,the cost is $100 and this is for the class and dive with Janna and you will receive a specialty card upon completion. The class will be held close to Seattle more than likely just South in Des Moines.

Remember this is a PADI Specialty class that can be used towards your DM requirements...let's turn out to support our NWDiveClub continued education and group activities!!!!

Janna has just started getting her stolen items replaced, she just got her new laptop and is expecting to replace her camera very shortly too!!!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

I'll start...I'm in!!
:rr:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Count me in as well. I have those days blocked off.

Did Janna say how many commitments she needs to do the class?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm in, like Flynn :bounce:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Ok Guys,
Here it is, Tom tells me great things of Janet and her instruction.
I would lik to do this class but it all depends on $$. I have this whole Non-Diving wife scenario and it has been difficult justifying these exspenses.
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= ](*,) :axe:

So I'm not a for sure thing, but I will let you know as soon as possible.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

The class will depend on if we get enough divers together to take it so don't be shy!!!!!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Hi all!!

I'm down in Monterey right now, doing a Field survey trip with REEF in the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. Very cool, and really awesome diving. Getting some great pics!
REEF is launching a new invertebrate monitoring program here and we're the first to get to use it! I'm learning tons of new fish and inverts too.

Sounds like the May 20th date is the best for most folks, so let's shoot for that date...I will need 5 SOLID commitments to make the class fly. We had such a great time last class with those who attended - so the more the merrier!!!

Keep me posted!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Looks like we have 3 so far (Dave, Tom Nic and I). I'll relay this to our non-board-visiting club members (Erik, Doug, Jeff W.). I'm so stoked to learn about the nudibranchs, I'm changing my avatar, right..... now!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

cool photo Calvin, come on guys let's support the club class and Janna!!!
Like she said we need SOLID commitments. Please respond right away and I too will contact my board less dive buds and respond for them....
:partyman:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Any updates here? Is anybody committed besides Calvin, Dave, and Myself?!? Come on guys! It would be a shame to not be able to do this class with Janna!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I just sent out the following email to my friends who don't visit the site often, feel free to copy and paste into an email of your own:
Hey Folks, I'm wondering if any of you are interested in doing this Invertebrate ID class. I did the Fish ID with the same instructor and she is tops when it comes to marine animals in the PNW. I'm looking forward to this one even more. It's great knowing what you're looking at underwater. The cost is $100 and includes a PADI specialty certification and 2 dives. If you're interested, please reply to the thread. We need at least 2 more divers to go forward with the class.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'd like to do it, but I'm working that Saturday.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Crap, I just realized that the date and time of the dive on Saturday conflicts with an Open Water class I have for my Divemaster training. Is there *any* way we can move the dive to the afternoon?

I will doublecheck on those OW dives.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hmmm- *IF* the dive moves to the afternoon, I'll commit to the class, as long as it's after 2PM or thereabouts. I can wrap up my job early on Saturday and finish it on Sunday. Or possibly a Sunday dive?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'm OK with the dives on Saturday in the afternoon.

Janna?

Dave?
Last edited by Tom Nic on Thu May 11, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'm also OK with Sunday dives as long as they are Sunday afternoon or evening.