Certified Today!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
matteus
Just Settling In

Certified Today!

Post by matteus »

Hey all,

My name is Matt, I'm from Salem. I just got done with my open water weekend up in Hoodsport, Wa. My father-in-law is advanced ow and got me into scuba. I've been spending the last few weeks anxiously anticipating this weekend and getting everything done. I'm really excited to get out and start diving, it's a whole new world. I don't even have my PADI cert card yet but I'm hoping it'll get here soon; this stuff is cool... :supz:
Matt
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Certified Today!

Post by Tom Nic »

Congratulations Matt!!

Welcome to the wild and crazy world of cold water scuba - may your dives be many and your core temp above hypothermia!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Welcome to the tribe, Matt! I was just talking to a couple of Salem Divers yesterday, as a matter of fact. Congrats on your cert!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Congrats and welcome. This is the place to cultivate new dive buddies and mentors. Dive safe and learn from every dive!
matteus
Just Settling In

Post by matteus »

Thanks, I'm looking forward to all the fun adventures that are out there waiting for me. So far the cold has been worth it, but we'll see how winter goes.

I think I had a pretty good group of instructors that have taught me well, but I can't wait to pick up some tips and tricks from all the vets out there. And make dive buddies :)
Matt
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Welcome to the boards and grats on getting certified!!

I hope you have lots of fun diving in these waters, cold or dry!

<<Insert standard plug here>> Hit me up if you need a dive buddy near Whidbey Island!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the world of diving, and welcome to the board! We're having a couple of club dives int he next few months, it would be great if you could make it to one of them!

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13111

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13249
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Matt!
You'll have to come up North to the South Puget Sound and come dive on a Thursday with me! I'll give you a tour of one or more of our local shore dives.
Welcome to the addiction! :koolaid: :tomnic: :highfive: :taco: :grouphug: :thumb3d:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Welcome to the club and the addiction. I'm in Portland and am usually up for a dive. Feel free to contact me if your looking for a buddy.
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

Congrat's Matt! You've found a great resource here at NW Dive Club.
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Hey Matt, congrats from another Salemite. There are a lot of us that travel up from Salem to the Sound on a fairly regular basis, we should partner up soon.
BTW, Josh and John - It was great to meet you guy's Saturday morning. John, thanks for dive brief on Cove 2 and we found the octo under Honey Bear on the second dive. THAT IS ONE BIG @$$ OCTO! :eek:
Cheers!

Ron
matteus
Just Settling In

Post by matteus »

Thanks for all the welcomes, especially from fellow Oregonians. I'm definitely looking into heading up to the club dive on the 18th. Is this the type of thing the other Salemites carpool for??? I'd for sure be interested in going for some dives with people that know some places to go.

My father-in-law and I just went up to one of his old swimming holes yesterday. We went for about a 50 minute dive under the concrete bridge on the North Fork of the Santiam (near Gates). Not too deep, and not much to see, but I thought is was a very nice first dive for me outside of training.
Matt
steepdiver
Getting To Know Folks

Post by steepdiver »

Welcome to the group. If there is one thing i have learned about diving in my 15 yrs of diving and what i tell all my students it is....

Diving will touch and change your life if you let it.\:D/

A new world awaits you. Good luck, learn well, and have fun.
Scuba diving is very much a black and white world, It comes down to clear-cut physics. If the laws are broken, severe penalties are exacted.