Oct. 24 - NWDC Club Dive ... Keystone! - CANCELLED

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Re: Oct. 24 - NWDC Club Dive ... Keystone!

Post by Tubesnout23 »

Blaiz wrote:
mjgoodman wrote:Count me in. How many dives we gonna do?
If you make a weekend of it, could probably get in 6-8 I imagine. My house and Tubesnout's have both been offered as a place to park, camp, or crash as needed.
The number of dives will depend on the water/weather conditions and your level of comfort in diving with current (as mentioned by Whatevah). I dived the jetty where it felt like being in a washing machine because slack never showed up. First the current pushed me towards the jetty and split. Then I let myself go to the 'branch' of the current that was running towards the beach, which after a while pushed me back towards the pilings etc.! I guess it can be a good site to practice current diving as long as you are careful not to be sucked into the ferry lane!

There are sites that you can dive to death without worrying about anything, like Langley Marina or Cove 2, for instance, and other where more planning is needed and are less generous with the number of dives that you can do in a day...Well...if you don't want to put yourself into trouble of course!
infinate
Just Settling In

Post by infinate »

infinate wrote:I would love to join you guys, if thats cool.
btw my avatar is from keystone. I just thought of that :supz:
if you ever drop your keys in a river of molten lava, don't worry their gone.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Okay . . . I just got news that would motivate a trip to Keystone, no matter how much I don't want to drive three hours after. You guys may get to meet a set of Southern California superstars! Two of my dearest friends . . . but we have to convince them that Keystone isn't a dive site you scooter :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

LCF wrote:Okay . . . I just got news that would motivate a trip to Keystone, no matter how much I don't want to drive three hours after. You guys may get to meet a set of Southern California superstars! Two of my dearest friends . . . but we have to convince them that Keystone isn't a dive site you scooter :)
If I can dust off my gear, maybe I'll show up . . .
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If I can dust off my gear, maybe I'll show up . . .
I know where there are a couple of tanks you can borrow . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

I'm putting this on my calendar. Anyone from Salem wanna go up together -- maybe go up on Saturday, do a night dive at Alki, grab a cheap hotel (or couch surf w/ some locals -- any free couches out there?) then head up to Keystone Sunday morning?

That's my plan, anyway... the more the merrier.
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I've never dove here. I think I'm in though! Plenty of time to plan it in the schedule!

- Kyle
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

We can put up some people . . . we have two guest rooms, one with a king bed and one with a queen, and an air mattress for anybody who's up for indoor camping. You have to like cats.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I've got a nice big couch and an air mattress up for grabs if anyone wants to crash at my place in Bellevue. It's as nice as a hotel but a whole hell of a lot cheaper!

Just let me know!

- Kyle
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
diver1996
Getting To Know Folks

Post by diver1996 »

I'll be there and have a couple friends with me as well.Looking forward to it. :pirate:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Almost certain Peter and I won't be there. We have friends coming up from Southern California that weekend, and although I'm sure they'd love to meet everybody, I think they'll want to head somewhere where there are fewer divers.
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Post by Tubesnout23 »

I would like to dive with a different buddy! I am sick and tired to dive with Sambolino44 :ballandchain: ...Just kidding! Sam is a fine buddy whom I would recommend to anyone!However, it would be nice to have a break on October 24th, though!

I would also like to try a pair of turtle fins and anybody is welcome to try two different pairs of force fins.

Can I advertise this club dive at the local dive shop and on Plan Your Dive website?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Tubesnout23 wrote:Can I advertise this club dive at the local dive shop and on Plan Your Dive website?
Considering the turnout we had yesterday maybe just posting it here is enough. Keystone will only accommodate so many divers, after all ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

LCF wrote:Almost certain Peter and I won't be there. We have friends coming up from Southern California that weekend, and although I'm sure they'd love to meet everybody, I think they'll want to head somewhere where there are fewer divers.
Show them H20Doc's video and let them decide. :taco: I'm sorry I missed yesterday's, this one is marked in bold on the calender.

Tubesnout, I have some XL Jets I can bring.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
ketralis
Aquaphile

Post by ketralis »

I'll be there with a few friends as well. Looking forward to it since I missed the Club Dive yesterday due to work
-Kevin
Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Post by Tubesnout23 »

Nwbrewer wrote:
LCF wrote:Almost certain Peter and I won't be there. We have friends coming up from Southern California that weekend, and although I'm sure they'd love to meet everybody, I think they'll want to head somewhere where there are fewer divers.
Show them H20Doc's video and let them decide. :taco: I'm sorry I missed yesterday's, this one is marked in bold on the calender.

Tubesnout, I have some XL Jets I can bring.
Thanks Nwbrewer...Would you like to be my buddy for one dive?
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

this one is now on my calendar, also I saw some talk about "some XL Jets I can bring." if anyone has a spare I would love to dive with XL or 2xl (not sure what fits) but I was eyeing changing my fins out
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

spudgunman wrote:this one is now on my calendar, also I saw some talk about "some XL Jets I can bring." if anyone has a spare I would love to dive with XL or 2xl (not sure what fits) but I was eyeing changing my fins out
How large are your feet? I might be there and I'd have a pair of XXL Jets you could try out.
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

John Rawlings wrote:
spudgunman wrote:this one is now on my calendar, also I saw some talk about "some XL Jets I can bring." if anyone has a spare I would love to dive with XL or 2xl (not sure what fits) but I was eyeing changing my fins out
How large are your feet? I might be there and I'd have a pair of XXL Jets you could try out.
I'm planning on being there, too. I have an extra pair of XXL Turtle fins someone could try out.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

We don't have to wait for a club dive, let's try and meet up and you can try them out anytime.

Betty, sounds like a plan!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

:D Thanks guys i wear xl in my current fin (Cressi Frog) my shoe is 16 and yes I will see if we cant meet up before then!
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Dang, I'm gonna miss you all on this one. But I'll be diving.... in the Philippines :)
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I will be at this one!!! Already have it scheduled with my wife and work! W00t!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

spudgunman wrote::D Thanks guys i wear xl in my current fin (Cressi Frog) my shoe is 16 and yes I will see if we cant meet up before then!
You have size 16 feet? Why do you bother with fins at all? I'm not sure the XL jets will fit, you may be a candidate for XXL jets.

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Nwbrewer wrote:
spudgunman wrote::D Thanks guys i wear xl in my current fin (Cressi Frog) my shoe is 16 and yes I will see if we cant meet up before then!
You have size 16 feet? Why do you bother with fins at all? I'm not sure the XL jets will fit, you may be a candidate for XXL jets.
Most certainly an XXL candidate! Like I said earlier, I have a pair that he can try out.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/