Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Post by Penopolypants »

Our day is almost here, and it's time for all the lollygaggers to declare their scuba noms! Typically someone brings a costco-type bundle of hotdogs, burgers, and buns, and I haven't heard anyone pipe up for that yet. Anyone? Bueller? I'd like to make a comprehensive list so that the undecideds can get some help deciding.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I'm pretty certain that I'll be bringing a batch of Ginny's homemade Pumpkin Bars.... :burntchef:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm bringing can lights. And maybe some food, if I get ambitious. I promise it won't be chips.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mongo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Mongo »

I'll bring a mini-keg of Heineken Light and some wieners. Anyone bringing cups?

We can stuff what ever we don't eat into some poor, hapless drysuit.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Do we have any kind of head count on big buddies, and folks wanting to dive with them?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:Our day is almost here, and it's time for all the lollygaggers to declare their scuba noms! Typically someone brings a costco-type bundle of hotdogs, burgers, and buns, and I haven't heard anyone pipe up for that yet. Anyone? Bueller? I'd like to make a comprehensive list so that the undecideds can get some help deciding.
I totally called dibs on all-natural Cheetos before anyone else!! I'm bringing those.

I've got two mentoring dives arranged (complete with a gas plan :eek: ).
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Yay beer! I'm bringing cups!

No head count on big/little buddies yet. Please pipe up as to which you are as you roll call and name your nom.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Penopolypants wrote:Our day is almost here...
:taco:
Penopolypants wrote:....Typically someone brings a costco-type bundle of hotdogs, burgers, and buns, and I haven't heard anyone pipe up for that yet. Anyone?..

I'll bring hotdogs.
And some free zip-ties.
MZ
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Penopolypants wrote:No head count on big/little buddies yet. Please pipe up as to which you are as you roll call and name your nom.
i have no idea what i'm bringing besides ORDiver.

i might be able to be a big buddy, depending on timing with some other folks i promised to dive with.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'd offer to be a big buddy, but I haven't been in the water since May. I'll need just a regular buddy for at least the first dive.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Mongo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Mongo »

Oh, I'll be a buddy alright. I am just not sure in which line to stand. Are there any medium buddies?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll big buddy for the day ... probably get there early and get my own visit to the bottle field in before the rest of y'all get there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Mongo wrote:Oh, I'll be a buddy alright. I am just not sure in which line to stand. Are there any medium buddies?
But of course!
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

i have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to convince my other half that packing scuba gear into his new bimmer will be ok....
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

kat wrote:i have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to convince my other half that packing scuba gear into his new bimmer will be ok....
are you coming from ptown or oly?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

To clarify what "big buddy" is for folks who may not have been to one of our events, it's simply an opportunity for a diver who wants to learn something or dive with someone more experienced than they are to do so and to feel comfortable asking a more experienced diver to go out with them. Often it's a new or newer diver who wants to go out with a strong diver, sometimes to learn something, or sometimes just to practice and observe a good buddy. Other times it's an experienced diver who wants to try something new out - be it doubles, maybe a scooter, a new style of diving, etc.

All a "big buddy" is, is someone willing to take someone else out in a mentor-capacity of sorts. The rest of everyone else just goes diving. Big buddy events were initially started as a way for newbs to come have a great dive with experienced divers, but it has morphed into a term for any kind of mentoring dive.

SO... if you're new and would like to team up with an experienced diver, please speak up (both here and in the parking lot)!! There are LOTS of wonderful big-buddies around who would be glad to take you out. If you can't find someone, PM me or find me in the parking lot and I'll hook you up with someone.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

kat wrote:i have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to convince my other half that packing scuba gear into his new bimmer will be ok....
I'm bringing the 4Runner so I'll be using an x-table. You're also welcome to gear-up on it if you'd like.
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

oly. but i still have to get all of my gear in one place then to the site. maybe i can convince my mother to let me steal her car. hmmmm
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Jeanna and I can be big buddies, or regular buddies. We don't eat beef, so we'll bring a homemade pasta salad
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

yay for grand theft! this will be my first time back in the water since the hayfever started this summer, so i will be looking for a shallow buddy.

i will be bringing something delightful to eat.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Penopolypants wrote:I'd like to make a comprehensive list so that the undecideds can get some help deciding.
What's left on the list?
I'll be a big, regular, or midget buddy whatever someone needs :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

I'm coming, don't know what I'll bring but I'm closing the office for the day and getting wet.... as for being a buddy, I want to try out a scooter... if I could get a big buddy to bring and extra scooter for me to play with..... :)
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm happy to be a big buddy, and maybe I'll try to whip up a big bowl of tabbouleh for those of us who try to limit fat.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Penelope, I'm open to suggestions for food.

I also have a host of cylinders I can bring if someone wants to try out an HP tank.

Currently filled with 32% in my garage I have 4 HP120s (2 DIN only [PST], 2 either yoke or DIN[Worthington]), 1 HP119 (yoke or DIN), 2 HP100a (Fabers, DIN only), and a stage-rigged AL40.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

To supplement the aforementioned Heineken, we will bring the cooler o' libations (beer, soda, water and other assorted fermented bottled goods). And a veggie-type appetizer. You know, healthy to offset the beer. Its all about balance really.

I've got no scooters or other dive crack to offer, but I can offer up Psundquist as a dive buddy for someone else for dives #2/3, since everyone knows I'm a one-tank dive kind of girl. I'm sure he won't mind. :)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman