long hose length issue

Discuss Team Diving here.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

long hose length issue

Post by spudgunman »

I picked up a 5ft long hose (it was a ok price) and I wrap it around my body as I have no ETA on a can light and haven't found a nice small cutting tool yet (letting the cash flow of new stuff calm down) to hold a 7ft on the right

I am 6'3" and built to match, the problem is that I feel that the 5ft hose is too small .. .is 7ft too long to attempt to safely wrap around my body is there a 6ft hose?

ideas? good place to pick up local hose that I can test out length on?
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Re: long hose length issue

Post by BDub »

spudgunman wrote:I picked up a 5ft long hose (it was a ok price) and I wrap it around my body as I have no ETA on a can light and haven't found a nice small cutting tool yet (letting the cash flow of new stuff calm down) to hold a 7ft on the right

I am 6'3" and built to match, the problem is that I feel that the 5ft hose is too small .. .is 7ft too long to attempt to safely wrap around my body is there a 6ft hose?

ideas? good place to pick up local hose that I can test out length on?
Yes, there are 6' hoses. With single tank open water diving, hose length (5', 6', or 7') doesn't matter. Go with what works best for you. I can see a 5' hose being too short for a 6'3" person.

I think we have a 6' hose. I'll take a look. If we do, I'll bring it to the club dive Saturday for you to try.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

if you can't find a 6', get a 7' and tuck the extra under your waist strap until you get a light.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

I'll bring it to the club dive Saturday for you to try.
awesome! you wanna trade or sell it if I like it a lot?
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

don't bother with the 6' hose.

just get a 7' hose and tuck the excess in your waist belt. you can loop it under a can light later when you get one.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

roger
@BDub, I will still try the longer see how it swims unless you have a 7ft reasonable price let me know
Kelly(boy)
_____
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spudgunman wrote:roger
@BDub, I will still try the longer see how it swims unless you have a 7ft reasonable price let me know
72" LP hose for <$28 + shipping http://www.piranhadivemfg.com/category/LP-Hoses-47
I would just buy one and tuck it until you get a canister light. Its black, won't ever go outa style :laughing3:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

I agree in the long run you're probably better off just going with a 7' hose, but if you want to try the 6' you're welcome to try it. It's Jeanna's single tank hose though (7' was too long) so I doubt she'd want to trade it
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding