New To Cold Water

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Laughter
Just Settling In

New To Cold Water

Post by Laughter »

Hello Fellow divers,
My name is Isaac, I'm 31 and from the Northwest but have only dove in Hawaii. Other than a few gear test dives in local lakes.
I am very interested in seeing some ship wrecks as well as the local sea life. Any one have any suggestions on a good place for my first dive's in the Sound? I have just finished gearing up for cold water an am itching to splash asap. Anyone going diving soon?
Aloha
Isaac :penelope:
"I'll say something clever, soon as I get my foot out of my mouth."
Blaiz
Pelagic

Re: New To Cold Water

Post by Blaiz »

Welcome to the area and the boards!!

Send me a PM if you're ever up at Whidbey Island!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

What part of the region are you in? There are a lot of good, easy shore diving sites. In the south end, Les Davis is a common one -- not current sensitive, easy entry and exit, easy navigation. In Seattle, there are the Coves at SeaCrest. And in the north end, there are the Edmonds Underwater Park and the Mukilteo T-dock sites. There are groups of divers doing regular dives at EUP (Wednesdays, I think) and Mukilteo (Monday nights). I'm not quite as aware of the south end, but there used to be some folks diving regularly on Thursdays there.

Post your location and time availability, and you'll have no problem finding a buddy/buddies to help show you the marvels of cold water diving!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! There's always someone diving around here! In addition to the regular dives that Lynne mentioned above at EUP, Mukilteo, Cove 2, and the South Sound (any of which you are more than welcome to join) we're also having a club dive at Keystone on the 24th. Keep your eye on the plannning section here:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Happy diving!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Isaac!
Come dive the South Puget Sound with me on a Thursday! :smt064
I would suggest Three Tree N. or Redondo!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: