Corvallis noob looking to learn the ropes.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
bigyakker
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Corvallis noob looking to learn the ropes.

Post by bigyakker »

Hi all,

I am a new diver located in Corvallis. I am looking to rack up some dives this year and have some fun! I got my OW back in May and since then have dove a little more. I am getting ready for my AOW cert dives two weekends from now and rescue dives in a month or so. I am looking for some regular dives along the Oregon Coast starting with Newport.

I am headed over to Newport next weekend (Oct 15-17) and am looking for a group or buddy to show me around the jetty and anywhere else close by.

Anyone up for getting wet?
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Corvallis noob looking to learn the ropes.

Post by nwbobber »

Welcome. You sound like you are on your way to being a great diver! I'm sure you will find buddies to dive with here. Try posting a request in the Oregon divers section, and the dive planning section. There are quite a few folks that dive the Oregon coast, I'm sure you will find someone who can show you around.
Bob
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
btken
Just Settling In

Post by btken »

Woo Corvallis! I'd offer to go diving with you sometime, but as it stands I'm too busy with grad school to really get any diving in :(
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We have a large group of Oregon divers here, I'm sure you'll find some buddies soon!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!