DUI Dry suit sizing 5'10" 180lbs

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

DUI Dry suit sizing 5'10" 180lbs

Post by -Aaron- »

I am trying to size a DUI drysuit for a friend and it would be great to have some practical sizing experience from the board. He is 5'10" and 180 pounds with size 10 1/2 feet, 34 inch waist, and a lean medium sized build. He would probably be wearing a middle weight undergarment like a DUI Powerstretch under the suit. He is going to try and get me some more body measurements later tonight.

Looking at the DUI sizing chart: http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/size_chart.pdf, he seems to fit well with a large for the foot size, and height, though the chest and waist seem a bit big. He needs room for an undergarment, but it would be nice to avoid too much extra bagginess. Does anyone here in that size range have a DUI suit and what size did you end up going with? Not sure if the model matters, but we were looking at CF200 and FLX 50/50 suits.

Thanks,
Aaron
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: DUI Dry suit sizing 5'10" 180lbs

Post by Marc »

I am 5'11/175 and have a 32" waist and I fit a DUI TLS350 in Medium Tall well. I dive a Weezle extreme + under garment.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Blitz,

Great, thanks for the info :). Sounds like a Medium would be right up his alley then, considering his shorter height and thinner undergarment.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

You're welcome.

Marc
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Responding on behalf of Psundquist (who is assembling a grill right now and can't reply...because he won't leave for dinner until he finishes that project...and I'm starving :)), he is almost identical to your friend's measurements (including shoe size) and he has a CF200X in size L and it fits him perfectly. He wears Fourth Element undergarments, or occasionally a Weezle.

Hope this info helps.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

lizard0924 wrote: he is almost identical to your friend's measurements (including shoe size) and he has a CF200X in size L and it fits him perfectly. He wears Fourth Element undergarments, or occasionally a Weezle.

Hope this info helps.
I have a CF 200 size large in rental. I have a couple of my staff who are pretty close to his build and that rental fits them perfectly.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Thanks everyone for all the great info, sounds like a medium or a large could work. Hopefully we will have him in a suit before long.