Gearing up for Fundies...which BC?

Discuss Team Diving here.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Gearing up for Fundies...which BC?

Post by CaptnJack »

Brand new Explorer for $225, would work perfectly for 119s
http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45155
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Highliner wrote:Thanks all for the expertise! I am leaning toward the Halcyon Evolve 60 with harness. Two more questions...

1) Which accessories should I consider weight pouches etc. (I use #30 without BP Zeagle Tech)
2) Should I order the standard harness or do I need to know more prior to pulling the trigger?
3} Can you point me in the direction of a dealer? Can you purchase these at UW Sports (I have good pricing there)?

Thanks again everyone! ...I will be able to thank some of you in person soon.

Dan
1) I wouldn't buy any weight pouches for now. For a single tank you can just use a weightbelt. For doubles I doubt you'll need much weight at all, but again, weightbelt.
2) The standard continuous webbing hogarthian harness will be what you want.
3) If you're using the zeagle tech BC now, why not just take the wing off and try it on your plate? Try that and borrow 1 or 2 smaller wings and see what you like.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Highliner
Avid Diver

Post by Highliner »

Thanks everyone! I will be picking up my Evolve #60 rig Saturday. Also picked up a knife, new SPG and hose(yes 24") ans a set of wet notes. Ordered a manifold and bands for my 119s. Going to have to beg, borrow or steal a light for the class though. (Actually Guy has offered a loaner). Getting close. Just need a little more time and several thousand $$ and I'll be good to go.
Thanks again,
DB
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Awesome! Looking forward to getting in the water with you!!!!!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If you don't have a light by class time, we can lend you one.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

speaking of which... i have one of your lights lynne... i'll trade it for Maui Info ;)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Maui info on the way!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames