Sanctum

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Sanctum

Post by Joshua Smith »

http://www.sanctummovie.com/

James Cameron 3-D cave diving thriller. :joshsmith:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Sanctum

Post by Tom Nic »

Looks way cool.

Unfortunately I get claustrophobic reading about cave squeezes... perhaps a little valium beforehand might make it more enjoyable? :dontknow:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Oh boy . . . and I thought The Abyss made me claustrophobic! I will NEED to see this, but the people sitting on either side of me may have VERY sore hands at the end of the film. Tom--your idea of valium has some merit . . .

I wonder of NWDC could reserve a theater so we could all see it together???
Kelly
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It's based on a true story, and Cameron IS a diver; do you think there's any chance they'll get some of it RIGHT?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Let's do a club dive and then all go to the show together afterwards.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

airsix wrote:Let's do a club dive and then all go to the show together afterwards.
In your drysuits.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sockmonkey wrote:
airsix wrote:Let's do a club dive and then all go to the show together afterwards.
In your drysuits.

-Eric
In our drysuit undergarments.

-Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Kees
Avid Diver

Post by Kees »

LCF wrote:It's based on a true story, and Cameron IS a diver; do you think there's any chance they'll get some of it RIGHT?
I saw a can light in a promotional still, how bad can it be?
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Sockmonkey wrote:
In your drysuits.

-Eric
That would be cool except for the part about it being so hot. There would be a certain element of awesome though if 40 dripping-wet divers showed up in line. I wouldn't be too excited if I were the theater owner though - or one of the people at the next showing who gets a wet seat.

Maybe we'd get special treatment. Just kidding, but I do know a guy who decided to drive his T-bucket hotrod past the Grindhouse/DeathProof premiere. Some of the organizers saw him, ran into the street, ushered him through the stanchions, had him park his hotrod front and center next to the red-carpet, and handed him a movie pass.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

LCF wrote:It's based on a true story, and Cameron IS a diver; do you think there's any chance they'll get some of it RIGHT?
well, cameron didn't write it and he's didn't direct it.

so, yes, there's a chance some of it may be right.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Tom Nic wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:
In your drysuits.

-Eric
In our drysuit undergarments.

-Tom
I'll second the "drysuit undergarments" idea!
I'm all in!
:uh: as long as it's on a Thursday. :evil4:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

To the rest of the world fleece UGs look like PJs and Thinsulate/Weezles look like ski/snowmobile suites. If the idea is to "represent" I think the message will be lost on the public. If the idea is to just express unity as a club lets all wear club shirts or hats. I don't think I could sit through a feature length film indoors wearing 400g fleece.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

airsix wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:
In your drysuits.

-Eric
That would be cool except for the part about it being so hot.
You're so easily excited.

-Eroc
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, they had some pretty decent tech support (Jill Heinerth and Wes Skiles) and some pretty good stunt divers . . . we can hope!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames