Tweek tonight!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Tweek tonight!

Post by ljjames »

arrival time between 6:30 and 7pm!

Come dive with the seals (they were out in force last night), vis is still awesome where they were not ;)

All divers with some night diving experience welcome.. (If you have no night diving experience, something can likely be arranged if you PM ahead)

these dives are intended to be both fun and educational.

Prior to the dive we will briefly discuss neutral buoyancy with drysuits both during and on ascent. We would like to practice a 'min' deco ascent, meaning ascend 10', stop, ascend 10' stop, ascend 10' stop and then spend a few minutes creeping up from 10' to the surface. This is a great way to work on 'control' of your drysuit and BCD. No need to be afraid of "the ASCENT"
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Tweek tonight!

Post by ljjames »

A bit of video from Tuesday night, tweek vid won't be up till tomorrow :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJggGw3gL1w[/youtube]
----
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It was truly a SPLENDID night to be in the water (and the parking lot, for the first time in a while, was FULL of divers, even though we saw none of them during our dive). The night was clear, the moon was incredibly bright, and the water was FULL of critters -- we saw three big GPOs, a little red, the red brotula, tons of gunnels, three different species of nudibranch (including a swimming hooded -- how'd he get so far from Edmonds?) as well as rockfish excitedly gobbling small shrimp from the water column. This is DEFINITELY the time to be diving -- and this is an awfully nice group of folks with whom to dive!

(We got in the water too fast, though. Missed out on the brownies.)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Looks like a ton of light! What are the reflections on either side? They have a bluish shade, makes it look a little distorted.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

the "blue-ish" tint was my error with button pushing on the new housing controls.. its a new set of H 50's with their standard reflector.
----
azathoth
Avid Diver

Post by azathoth »

Is there going to be a meeting this Wed?