Lake Erie

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Lake Erie

Post by nwbobber »

Melissa and I are heading to Cleveland for a wedding in July. We plan on taking our gear and checking out a wreck or two in lake Erie. Anyone on the board ever been there/have any suggestions?
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Re: Lake Erie

Post by ORDiver »

Hey Bob,

I haven't been there but I've been reading about great lakes wrecks recently. I found this web site about Lake Erie wrecks that is pretty good. If you end up diving out there I'd love to hear a report.

http://www.ohioshipwrecks.org/
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

Thanks Dave, that is a great website. There are an incredible amount of wrecks in the lake, I could make a career out of this.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Cool. Let me know when you get the boat and the charter business set up and I'll come out and be your deckhand during the summers. Cleveland is way to friggin cold in the winter for me. Actually, it's way too hot in the summer too. Sorry, I'll only be able to help out in spring and fall.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

nwbobber wrote:Thanks Dave, that is a great website. There are an incredible amount of wrecks in the lake, I could make a career out of this.
I know lots of people who do! At least on Lake Michigan.