Gas Management with Bob Bailey

General banter about diving and why we love it.
twitch
Just Settling In

Gas Management with Bob Bailey

Post by twitch »

I just saw Seven Seas Scuba in Vancouver is hosting this in Jan... has anyone gone? Whats it like?

I know it's a ways away but i thought i'd start discussion on it. :-)
:burntchef:
Thomas Miller
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: Gas Management with Bob Bailey

Post by Sounder »

It'll shock you at first ("what you didn't know that you didn't know") and then, if you apply it to your diving, will make you a much safer diver, will give you more confidence on your resources, and as such, will make your dives more relaxing and enjoyable.

Definitely, definitely go. Tell your friends and bring them. It's absolutely worth your time, and while it's somewhat about "math," don't be intimidated... it's really easy. Oh, and the class can be pretty fun too. :partydance:

Oh yeah, and it's FREE!!! :joshsmith:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Call Seven Seas to reserve a spot. I called already. It is free. It is in Vancouver and more information on Gas Management will not hurt. Even if it is a refresher it is good to revisit the topic.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I attended the very first one of these that Bob ever did -- there were all of two of us in the audience.

I walked out of the room stunned, and wondering what ELSE nobody had ever told me. It was the beginning of my real diving education.

These seminars are incredibly interesting and useful . . . and may save lives.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

ANd humor....he is not a dry and boring speaker. Well worth the time to head over the bridge for us portland folks to attend!
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Its a very informative class. I know it has helped me in my diving.
Lost some where called Brownsmead
sambolino44
Just Settling In

Post by sambolino44 »

I took the NAUI Nitrox and Deep Diver courses from Bob, and gas management was part of that. I highly recommend as an instructor, and as a speaker on gas management. I don't know how far you have to go, but it's hard for me to imagine feeling it wasn't worth the trip once you've heard what he has to say.
"Relax and enjoy life!"
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Definately go listen and learn from Bob on this.

Thanks to him, I give my AOW (and for that matter, every non-OW student) "The Lecture" based on the same material as Bob. In almost every case the response is the same, "Way haven't I heard about this before?"
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Yeah, what they said :angelblue:

Seriously, it's really worth while and you won't regret it. And it 's free.

Valerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Um, yeah... what Peter, and Valerie, and everyone else said. GO TO THIS SEMINAR!!! It's free, it's informative, it's free, it'll make you a better diver, it's free, Bob doesn't suck as someone to listen to for an hour or two, it's free, Seven Seas Scuba rules, it's free, and yeah... it'll make you a safer, better, stronger, SMARTER diver!!!! Oh, and it's free BTW!!!

This is not a marketing campaign by Bob for new students (though, fwiw, he rocks as an instructor!!), but rather is an informative seminar he offers due to the importance of gas planning and gas management... and it's SO EASY (and fun) to do, that I don't understand why everyone doesn't utilize it.

Seriously, even if you think I'm full of BS (yeah, I know the list is long, but distinguished... just like my, yeah), please go this seminar. People you DON'T think are full of BS will agree with me.

This seminar will change your approach to dive planning, and WILL make you a safer diver... and it's free!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Yes! Go! I might even go again! This is a must see/do class!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Y'all are making me blush ... geez ...

Seriously ... I'd love to see any of you showing up down there. Last time I did this seminar at Seven Seas we had a fantastic turnout and a great time.

Come on down. Learn something new, meet some interesting people, talk about diving, have some fun ... ain't that why we dive?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
lologrande
Avid Diver

Post by lologrande »

I recommend as well. As a new diver I found the information incredibly valuable.

And oh yeah, Bob is swell.
The owls are not what they seem.