Announcing Rapture of the Deep Photography

General banter about diving and why we love it.
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Announcing Rapture of the Deep Photography

Post by lundysd »

Coined by Jacques Cousteau, “The Rapture of the Deep” is a phrase used to describe the euphoric feeling of descending deep into the ocean while breathing air. To me, this personifies the relaxation and happiness I experience when taking photos, both underwater and above water. With this in mind, I am proud to formally announce a new project called Rapture of the Deep Photography.

http://www.raptureofthedeep.net/

I have designed this website to be relatively straightforward and minimalistic, with photos grouped into Aqua (water), Terra (land), and Client categories. Photos from each gallery can be viewed individually or as a slideshow, and groups of images can be saved as a personal collection for future viewing.

Thanks for looking everyone
Last edited by lundysd on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Announcing Rapture of the Deep Photography

Post by Nwbrewer »

Scott, some of those pictures are amazing.

Excellent work!

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
SeattleYates
Aquaphile

Post by SeattleYates »

Some beautiful work there - above an below the surface - and a very elegant looking website! Very nice job! :supz:
Bruce Yates
Photography: http://www.UnderwaterReflections.com
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

You know I think your photos are amazing and quite beautiful. The website just further showcases your work. Well done!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

seainggreen wrote:You know I think your photos are amazing and quite beautiful. The website just further showcases your work. Well done!
He doesn't suck at photographing infants or uncooperative toddlers as well... I'll post a few of those later tonight.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Congratulations on the new site, Scott! Really great photos. I especially like the ones from Europe as far as the land ones - and the wide-angle, natural light shots in the water. What fantastic colors. What are you shooting these days? And, where do you find the time with school?!
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Thanks for the kind words everyone -- they mean a lot.

Calvin -- most of these images were taken with my D90, which is now sadly defunct (flooded). I replaced it with a D7000 and am eagerly awaiting a Nauticam housing (it's been 4 months since I shot underwater, and I'm freakin dying). As for time to do it all.... I'll sleep when I'm old :)
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Beautiful stuff!!

So when are you doing that photo workshop??!!?? :smt064 :smt064
Kelly
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Awesome stuff Scott! Very professional looking site and some really great photo's

2 Thumbs up on that venture Scott
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Dusty2 wrote:Awesome stuff Scott! Very professional looking site and some really great photo's

2 Thumbs up on that venture Scott
Agree 100%
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Really Nice Stuff!! Sorry you shoot Nikon :smt064 but I won't hold that against you!

I would suggest an About Me page on the site. Nothing huge just who you are and what not.
Dave Mitchell
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had an "about" page set up, but it was only accessible in the main website, and only then at the bottom menu. I've placed a larger link on the landing page to address this.

....Surprising that a Canon user actually had some useful insight :neener:

Re: the photo workshop... I am still working on getting all the logistics of it done. I'll definitely be doing one in Feb/March, but the one in December is up in the air. It depends on if I can get the room/equipment in time -- I'll keep you updated, but I haven't forgotten!

Scott