Seriously Annoyed....

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
lamont
I've Got Gills

Re: Seriously Annoyed....

Post by lamont »

Grateful Diver wrote: So I wouldn't be too hard on the shop owner ... he may feel that he's doing what he must to protect his business.
you would hope that dive shop owners were better educated that most of their customers.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

spatman wrote:
citycatred wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Misunderstandings can be fixed
Just because they can be fixed doesn't mean we actually want to fix them :stir: :stir: :stir: :)
well, on this forum we do.
;) I would never want to have your job...poor mods
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

citycatred wrote:
spatman wrote:
citycatred wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Misunderstandings can be fixed
Just because they can be fixed doesn't mean we actually want to fix them :stir: :stir: :stir: :)
well, on this forum we do.
;) I would never want to have your job...poor mods
especially this time of year. you people get crazy!
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

We're just trying to make the holidays more interesting for you 0:)
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

citycatred wrote:We're just trying to make the holidays more interesting for you 0:)
<sniff> we're just one big happy family.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

One big happy dysfunctional family ;)
Cynthia Heimel
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

this who thing is kind of like Shops that require an eddy current on all Al Cylinders. Catalinas and new luxfers dont need an eddy current, and for that matter don't even work on these tanks, since it is looking for a specific Alloy that they are not even made of. At least thats what PCI (formerly PSI) says. But shops still charge people everyday for this test, and won't fill unless it has a current stamp for it.

I'm gonna have to agree with Richard on this one though, threads are only for prevention of use of 200 bar regs on HP tanks.

And lets get things straight Here too, NO ON CAN JACK UP THE MODS LIKE ME :rofl: But i behave now. :neener:

What shop said this anyway???????????????????????????????????????????????
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

CaptnJack wrote:
Geek wrote:Yep, it was there, and I do appreciate the offer to "edumacate" the newb....... :)
See, win win :)
Sure, but where's the fun in that? :stir:

(Kidding! Honest!)
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Geek wrote:Yep, it was there, and I do appreciate the offer to "edumacate" the newb....... :)
:angry:
sorry that happened brother, but for some reason I suspected that when I read the OP. I'm usually here on Saturdays (it had to be Saturday... yes?) but I was off this last one for most of the day. It will not be a problem in the future as I'll get with this person and :axe: :stickwhack: :stick: :rocket: :whip:

In his defense... he's really not a re-re (that's my job n NOBODY fills that spot like I do!) he is however very safety concious. I'm sure that was his motivation, as misdirected as it was.

Shoot me a PM with your buddies name and I'll put an aircard in the box with 3 free fills on it for him.
Again.. I'm sorry this happened... especially here at our store. :(
I greatly appreciate you letting me know Geek that it was here, :mmmbeer: :thankyouyellow: ya can't fix what ya don't know's broken. And this is very simple.

please relay my appologies to your buddy.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I hate the fact that I cant pump my own gas in oregon... What the hell ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
spatman
I've Got Gills

Seriously Annoyed....

Post by spatman »

citycatred wrote:One big happy dysfunctional family ;)
We put the FUN in dysFUNctional.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

H20doctor wrote:I hate the fact that I cant pump my own gas in oregon... What the hell ?
I love to go to Oregon, sit in my nice warm truck whilst someone else pumps my gas (whoops, Diesel). More time to think about Beer.
And tacos.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Geek wrote: Matt said he would take away my birthday and cancel Xmas on me :nutty:
I think Matt figured that if he doesn't celebrate Christmas, no one else should. :tomnic:
Kelly
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Maverick wrote:
I'm gonna have to agree with Richard on this one though....
Most disturbing thing about this whole thread.... BJ and Richard found common ground. Lookout for the 4 horsemen....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Nwbrewer wrote: Most disturbing thing about this whole thread.... BJ and Richard found common ground. Lookout for the 4 horsemen....
I saw on the PI that the Backstreet Boyz AND New Kids on the Block are touring together and playing in Tacoma this summer....I'm pretty sure that's two of the four......
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ktb wrote:
Geek wrote: Matt said he would take away my birthday and cancel Xmas on me :nutty:
I think Matt figured that if he doesn't celebrate Christmas, no one else should. :tomnic:
hey, that's not true! i celebrate xmas! chinese food and movies!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

spatman wrote:
ktb wrote:
That's Christmas ???

I thought that was just normal post-dive activities ...

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Grateful Diver wrote:
spatman wrote:
ktb wrote:
That's Christmas ???

I thought that was just normal post-dive activities ...

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
which is always a celebration, right?
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

spatman wrote:
ktb wrote:
But do they sing carols to you? And do you have a sexy leg lamp?
Kelly
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

H20doctor wrote:I hate the fact that I cant pump my own gas in oregon... What the hell ?
WOW!
I didn't see that one coming. Good job on the re-jack of this thread! =D>
Good thing I have time here on the side (off work) to read all of this thread.
:popcorn: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :popcorn:

Hey, I just found out how you can get 3 free air fills at a shop South of Tacoma! :blackblink: :evil4:

BJ,
Way to keep cool on this one!
Honestly, when I first saw your screen name on this post, I sat back, stretched and told myself
"Oh no! Here comes Trouble now!"

:rofl: :notworthy:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

ktb wrote:
spatman wrote:
ktb wrote:
Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra raaaa
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

scottsax wrote:
ktb wrote:
spatman wrote:
ktb wrote:
It's a major award.
and....keep the guns away from Scottsax. He'll shoot his eye out, ya know.....
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Waynne Fowler wrote:
:angry:
sorry that happened brother, but for some reason I suspected that when I read the OP. I'm usually here on Saturdays (it had to be Saturday... yes?) but I was off this last one for most of the day. It will not be a problem in the future as I'll get with this person and :axe: :stickwhack: :stick: :rocket: :whip:

In his defense... he's really not a re-re (that's my job n NOBODY fills that spot like I do!) he is however very safety concious. I'm sure that was his motivation, as misdirected as it was.

Shoot me a PM with your buddies name and I'll put an aircard in the box with 3 free fills on it for him.
Again.. I'm sorry this happened... especially here at our store. :(
I greatly appreciate you letting me know Geek that it was here, :mmmbeer: :thankyouyellow: ya can't fix what ya don't know's broken. And this is very simple.

please relay my appologies to your buddy.

So I have a couple of questions and comments:

First: I am correct in that the shop owner/manager got online in a public forum, admitted it was his shop and then went out of his way to fix the problem? I think that's AWESOME and let say, that if I lived in the area, I would have just become a very loyal customer.

Second: Sounds like it was a new employee who really had the best intentions - I know the wrong roads are paved with good intentions, but in this case it'll be remedied and you can probably bet the service will only get better with this employee who is dedicated enough to the business to make a tough decision.

And Third: What shop are we talking about? I'm from Alaska and am not sure what shops are in Olympia. If you don't want to say in public, I understand.

And Last: Does this shop rebuild Poseidons? I have two that need to be shipped out for annual overhauls and would like to do business with this type of shop.

Mr. Fowler, I commend you for your ability to be so forth right.

Respectfully,

Dave
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

BASSMAN wrote:
WOW!
I didn't see that one coming. Good job on the re-jack of this thread! =D>
Good thing I have time here on the side (off work) to read all of this thread.
:popcorn: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :popcorn:

Hey, I just found out how you can get 3 free air fills at a shop South of Tacoma! :blackblink: :evil4:

BJ,
Way to keep cool on this one!
Honestly, when I first saw your screen name on this post, I sat back, stretched and told myself
"Oh no! Here comes Trouble now!"

:rofl: :notworthy:
I just watch now, :popcorn:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

mz53480 wrote:
scottsax wrote:
ktb wrote:
spatman wrote:
ktb wrote:
It's a major award.
and....keep the guns away from Scottsax. He'll shoot his eye out, ya know.....
Is there no end to this conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his Peacemaker?!
Kelly