My first movie

General banter about diving and why we love it.
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

My first movie

Post by guitarmaker »

Inspired by all the great videographers on this board, I put my first movie together using video clips of my recent trip to Cozumel. Watching it makes me want to back but also gets me excited about taking videos here in our local waters. :)

Wish list: HD camera; housing; flood lights. Oh crap, this is going to cost a bunch more money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDB89DAeED8
Cheers!

Ron
coach_izzy
Avid Diver

Re: My first movie

Post by coach_izzy »

Cool! Thanks for posting, loved it! It reminds of my trip a few years ago. I absolutely LOVED the diving and in a couple of them we did superman-flight style diving in the current, that was so much fun! The only turn off were the peddlers on the surface bugging you every corner, but other than that, my wife and I had an amazing time. What operation did you use? I went with Aldora and those guys were awesome. They use HP Steel tanks for long dives, had no more than 6 divers and the divemasters were pretty cool. Ah, the memories!
Coach Izzy
Scuba Diving Fitness
"A fit diver is a safer diver and a better buddy"
In Pain?
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Thanks for sharing--cool vid!
Great music (is that you on the acoustic?)
Really liked the last shot from 3:50--4:10.

What kind of camera setup do you use?

And...yes. It can be expensive!
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Nicely done especially considering it's a first effort!
mz53480 wrote: And...yes. It can be expensive!
There is no "can" about it... it just IS. But since it's also a lot of fun, it's worth it... :)

Once you get the camera, housing and lights, you'll then find you want a supercomputer, about 3 mega-backup drives, cloud storage, better editing software, and several plug-ins to go with the editing software. Consider yourself fore-warned! LOL.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Thanks all for the comments, suggestions and (gulp) warnings re: cost. I stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel and while I really liked them, I hated the aluminum 80 tanks. The music was produced for McPherson guitars to demo their terrific instruments and is one of my favorite albums of acoustic guitar music. I'm currently using sealife 800 pulling double duty for both still and movie. I use an intova external flash for stills and relied on natural light for videos in Cozumel. I know our darker Pacific pea soup is going to require some floods.
seainggreen wrote: Once you get the camera, housing and lights, you'll then find you want a supercomputer, about 3 mega-backup drives, cloud storage, better editing software, and several plug-ins to go with the editing software. Consider yourself fore-warned! LOL.
Oooohhh - this is going to hurt! :eek:
Cheers!

Ron
Acquatic
Avid Diver

Post by Acquatic »

Wow!! The movie is soo good, the vis is great. Best part was in the end, the two fishes and a turtle. Simply amazing.