Deep Tec trips

General topics about technical diving.
FourCScuba
Getting To Know Folks

Deep Tec trips

Post by FourCScuba »

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the site, so hopefully this is the correct fourm to ask this question. I been trying to find some tec groups/clubs that are looking for people to schedule tec dives with. I fairly new to the tec world and really would like to get some more deep dives under my belt. Currently I am only certified on air to 165fsw -- have not gotten into the TRIMIX yet.

I am interested in any plans for deep dives in the NW area (I live in Idaho but would be willing to drive to WA or OR). Really would like to plan for a dive on the Oriskany (Mighty O) about mid-year 2011 if anyone is interested. I have been looking at the Down Under Dive Shop out of FLA (http://www.downunderdiveshop.com/) on trip information.

Best Regards
Chuck
www.FourCscuba.com
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Deep Tec trips

Post by CaptnJack »

Welcome :)
Is that you sitting on the anchor on the webpage?

You might have a bit of a tough time finding people to dive air much below >100ft here. Most of us use trimix in that range, its cold, its dark blah blah blah lol. In any case, if you make it over here for <100ft recreational diving be sure to post and some of us can hook you up.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
FourCScuba
Getting To Know Folks

Post by FourCScuba »

Thanks CaptnJack,

I heard that from other Tec Divers that they would prefer TRIMIX due to the cold. I am guessing mostly due to Narcosis. Anyway, thanks for the reply and hope to make it up around the Bangor, WA area in the April/May timeframe for some diving.

Oh yea, that is me on the anchor -- it was out in Guam at about 100ft @ 85 degree water and 100+ vis. The 1/2 mm suit was only for abrasion issues, not for warmth. Love Guam.

Best Regards
Chuck
www.FourCscuba.com
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I'm in Port Orchard (lil south of Bangor in Kitsap Co.) so let me/us know when you're in town.
Richard
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
FourCScuba
Getting To Know Folks

Post by FourCScuba »

Thanks Richard,

Will do.

One other quick question, is there any instruction on the site for how to post pictures, what the icons next to the subject areas mean, etc.?

Best Regards
Chuck
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

To post a small thumbnail picture you can use the "upload attachment" tab below the response box. For bigger full size photos, you need to post an image link from a hosting service like flickr or photobucket.

The icons at the top don't mean much, they are just for fun :)

There may be a FAQ here someplace, PM "spatman" he can help you find it.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome, 4CScuba.

As Richard said, you may have some difficulty finding people to dive to technidal depths on air. I know I'm just plain stupid at 100 feet on Nitrox; I don't go below it without helium.

But if you want to see some of Puget Sound at shallower depths, give a holler.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

FourCScuba wrote:One other quick question, is there any instruction on the site for how to post pictures, what the icons next to the subject areas mean, etc.?
here's an icon guide we put together:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12169
FourCScuba
Getting To Know Folks

Post by FourCScuba »

Thanks all,

So far I do fairly well at depths on air down to 165 fsw in cold water, but have not been doing tec that long and have only made a few dives below 140 fsw -- so I have been a little reluctant to go to TRIMIX, but looks like I need to look into it.

Thanks again
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

I was just down in Pensacola visiting the inlaws and checked on diving the Oriskany (sp) myself. May be going back in the spring. Spoke to a couple of dive shops about charter options. One mentioned the vis was best in the fall and winter (like here).
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Peter and I have been eyeing a trip on the MV Spree in early October -- the Oriskany and some other tech-lite sites. Friends of ours are crewing on the boat. Peter and I would be diving mix, though.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames