Regs Options for AL40

General topics about technical diving.
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Re: Regs Options for AL40

Post by Gill Envy »

loanwolf wrote: No I totally understand it is an option that is available and I do not discourage it at all. But the other works great as well and is much cheaper. When one starts to go OC tech it gets expensive. And G., a Dr.'s such as you with large deep pockets and money doesn’t mean anything too. Woops, wait a minute that was before the little one came to be :neener: . No one at a LDS is going to give someone the option, so I feel I have put out and let folks know there are other options available that are fine and work well and save them a ton of money. And I have swum full kick in current from 200+ on them before. They do breathe quite well. And yes Mel will teach you 50% for CCR is about the hottest you will use and maybe 80% once in a while. But for the most part your bailout will be bottom mix and 50% for CCR. With OC most use 50% and 80% or 100% for deco and if you are decoing you had better not be working hard. You bypassed the OC thing so you never learned that. As you get more time on your unit and more comfortable with TM dives now that you can finally do them :occasion5: you will see that if you have to bailout you should never have let things get so bad that you are in a condition of panic and that heavy of breathing. Remember if something doesn’t fell right "stop, bailout, and think/troubleshoot" Mel taught you that. Time means very little to us on CCR, even if we have to go to bailout. If you gas planned correctly you have all the time you need and plenty more to get out of trouble and back to the top. That is if you gas plan right :smt064 . That is why bailout practice I feel is important to do all the time. One tends to forget after some time from CCR boot camp :whip: .
hmm, I think you missed my points but hey that's OK. As for my means, they are not so extraordinary and just so folks don't get confused i'm not a Doctor. As with any purchase, folks choose a reg based on their priorities and sense of value, sometimes willing to make the sacrifice to spend the extra cash because they perceive it's worth it and sometimes not... it'a all good!

g
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

Sorry to resurrect a quiet post, but I notice no one mentioned HOG regs. They seem to be getting a lot of positive press and seem to be very affordable....
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

I use hogs on my back gas primary and all deco / monkey tanks. Great breathing , affordable, kits are easy to get, and the company stands behind there products.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Biodiversity_Guy wrote:Sorry to resurrect a quiet post, but I notice no one mentioned HOG regs. They seem to be getting a lot of positive press and seem to be very affordable....
i think HOG regs were generally unknown at the time of babs' original post.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

They we not made at the time of this post.. Us diver regs rule anyway
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

H20doctor wrote: Us diver regs rule anyway
No way man, Tusa all the way.