newbie/oldie in Marysville

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kixy1
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

newbie/oldie in Marysville

Post by kixy1 »

Hey all!

I've actually been a 'lurker' here for awhile and never noticed this introduction forum. Doah! Thought I'd formally introduce myself now... Better late than never?

I've been diving on and off for...well... over 30 years (hey, I started in my teens, ok?!) ;)

On and off for me means, on for short periods of time, off for long periods of time. I pretty much got out of cold water diving in the late 80's and really didn't start again until about 3 years ago. I took a class and bought myself a drysuit. 100% enjoyment increase!

I head to warmer waters at least once a year, but really want to get back in the water here closer to home. So I'm getting all my equipment dusted off and serviced and working on getting myself into shape for some great PNW shore diving! I'm double excited because my son has discovered the underwater world and is finishing up his AOW class this month :) I bred myself a dive buddy!

Appreciate all the information that can be found here, and hope to maybe dive with some of you someday.

~Debra
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: newbie/oldie in Marysville

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome! there is a large contingent of divers up in you neck of the woods so you shouldn't have any problem finding willing buddies.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Dusty2 wrote:Welcome! there is a large contingent of divers up in you neck of the woods so you shouldn't have any problem finding willing buddies.
......like me! Shoot me a line sometime, maybe if the tides are good we can do some cool northender stuff and make all the southsounders envious!
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Yeah....what they said! Welcome to the board!

There are a LOT of North end divers on NWDC, myself included, plus a LOT of dives getting planned and scheduled here for Mukilteo, Edmonds, Camano and Whidbey Islands, Deception Pass and "the Juans". I'm sure that you'll easily find dive buddies here that frequent your "neck of the woods"!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I am also a Marysvillian---
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Fishstiq wrote:
Dusty2 wrote:Welcome! there is a large contingent of divers up in you neck of the woods so you shouldn't have any problem finding willing buddies.
......like me! Shoot me a line sometime, maybe if the tides are good we can do some cool northender stuff and make all the southsounders envious!
Yeah, 'cause THAT'S what it's all about.
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Welcome to the board.... I am in Arlington, maybe see you in the water sometime.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Well, in spite of you being one of those snooty northenders and not a cool southender, welcome to the board!

"Breeding myself a dive-buddy." Hmmm... I will have to ponder this.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Tom Nic wrote:"Breeding myself a dive-buddy." Hmmm... I will have to ponder this.
You're in your 50's, Tom....it's too late! :smt064
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

John Rawlings wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:"Breeding myself a dive-buddy." Hmmm... I will have to ponder this.
You're in your 50's, Tom....it's too late! :smt064
Dang...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman