Vegans.....

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Vegans.....

Post by Fishstiq »

I don't know how you do it, but your willpower clearly puts mine to shame! This was breakfast today, no way could I resist!!
uploadfromtaptalk1296320302051.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1296320274366.jpg
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
April
Dive-aholic

Re: Vegans.....

Post by April »

picsay-1296320437.jpg
April
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I hate you for that. Now I'm going to have to go to the store.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

IMGP6665.jpg
Mine was better and no foul taste of animal tears. Go vegans :joshsmith:
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

gutholmj wrote:
IMGP6665.jpg
That looks just like what I was heaving in to a bucket on Monday and Tuesday, James......
What is that stuff?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

cardiver wrote:
gutholmj wrote:
IMGP6665.jpg
That looks just like what I was heaving in to a bucket on Monday and Tuesday, James......
What is that stuff?
Fried potatoes, onions, mushrooms and chorizo seasoned soy. Yum. I don't like most of the meat-like soy stuff but the chorizo is really good.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

gutholmj wrote:
cardiver wrote:
gutholmj wrote:
IMGP6665.jpg
What is that stuff?
Fried potatoes, onions, mushrooms and chorizo seasoned soy. Yum. I don't like most of the meat-like soy stuff but the chorizo is really good.
That actually doesn't sound too bad. A little Tabasco and I'm sure that it would be edible.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

cardiver wrote:
gutholmj wrote:
cardiver wrote:
gutholmj wrote:
IMGP6665.jpg
What is that stuff?
That actually doesn't sound too bad. A little Tabasco and I'm sure that it would be edible.
Tapatío sauce. I forgot to mention that and a bit of cheddar flavored veggie shreds.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Uh, yeah, sure... if vegan food is so good, why do you try to make it taste like meat?

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I had a nice bowl of oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar ... it didn't taste like meat ... and then I went diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

gutholmj wrote:
cardiver wrote:
gutholmj wrote:
cardiver wrote:
gutholmj wrote:
IMGP6665.jpg
What is that stuff?
Tapatío sauce. I forgot to mention that and a bit of cheddar flavored veggie shreds.
you said "Cheddar Flavored Veggie Shreds"
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Hey I thought we weren't allowed to talk politics or religion :smt064 :smt064

What did you do with the Scuba cop icon? :stir:
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

gutholmj wrote: I forgot to mention that and a bit of cheddar flavored veggie shreds.
Ok, this reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask my vegan friends . . . I understand if you don't want to eat animal meat, but why do vegans not drink milk (hence the no cheese) or use honey? I understand they are from an animal, but it's not like we're hurting cows when we milk them (humanly) and bees are going to make honeycombs regardless of human interaction. I'd really like to understand this . . . and no, for once, I'm not being sarcastic. :angelblue:
Kelly
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

ktb wrote:
gutholmj wrote: I forgot to mention that and a bit of cheddar flavored veggie shreds.
Ok, this reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask my vegan friends . . . I understand if you don't want to eat animal meat, but why do vegans not drink milk (hence the no cheese) or use honey? I understand they are from an animal, but it's not like we're hurting cows when we milk them (humanly) and bees are going to make honeycombs regardless of human interaction. I'd really like to understand this . . . and no, for once, I'm not being sarcastic. :angelblue:
Way to put a damper on all the fun with a serious and thoughtful question Kelly.

For me, it all became just too complicated trying to figure out what was humane and what wasn't. I need more simplicity and being vegan actually turned out to be simpler and easier. Quite frankly, I thought I might stick it out a week and give up. That was 6 or 8 months ago.

I bet a lot of other people have made much better, more defensible and more compelling arguments on both sides of the issue. I just do what works for me.

Knock-knock at your front door
It's the hemp wearing vegan police
They have come for your omnivore niece
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

gutholmj wrote:
ktb wrote:
Way to put a damper on all the fun with a serious and thoughtful question Kelly.

Hey, I asked a serious and thoughtful question!!!

Seriously, if all this veggie foo-foo stuff is sooooooo good, why do you try to make it taste like meat? I don't have soy flavored bacon, why is there bacon flavored soy? :smt064

And..... WTH is up with tofu?!?!! Looks like styrofoam, tastes like air. Oh, and "tofurkey", come on. If tofu was delicious, you wouldn't need to flavor it with delicious turkey!

Berritt
Aquaphile

Post by Berritt »

Soyrizo is good grub. Now I am hungry!
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Mmmmmm... Bacon and eggs with hash browns and 3-4 cups of hot black coffee.... :burntchef:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo