Dive Operator suggestions for Roatan?

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Dive Operator suggestions for Roatan?

Post by overandunderwater »

We usually do Cozumel and run with Aldora but this year I'm thinking of Roatan. Can anyone give me any guidance on the "best" operator there?

:supz: Thank you!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Dive Operator suggestions for Roatan?

Post by Penopolypants »

Cocoview! They're an all inclusive place that focuses almost exclusively on diving, and they do a great job of keeping you in the water while you're there.

www.cocoviewresort.com
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Second the nomination for CoCoView. I've been there at least 3 times and had a great trip every time. It's the ultimate in easy, roll out of bed and into the water sort of trip. Nothing too fancy, but clean and comfortable. Plus you can literally dive your brains out! Five dives a day are not uncommon.
Dave
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Coco View is great and if I go back that's where I would definitely go. But if you want to go to the West End instead I highly recommend West End Divers. The owners are originally from the Pacific Northwest and have set up a really high quality operation there. A buddy of mine who always goes to Coco View, went there last time because his buddies wanted to go to the west end. He couldn't say enough good things about them and the dive op-said they had the best divemaster he has ever seen.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

We went diving at Anthony's key a few years ago and it was fantastic. We've been to a lot of places in the Caribbean and Mexico and Anthony's key had a great set up for divers. Nice uncrowded boats. You can have hillside where everything is or as we did ... out on the key with an over the water bungalow which they shuttle you back and forth... free whenever you want to go.

They take you to the reef and you can either stay with the divemaster or expore on your own. If your navigational skills are good enough to get you back to the boat. Some people don't like to explore on their own, but we found it refreshing to not have to follow the group as you do in a lot of resort dives.

Atmosphere and food was all good. They have specials sometimes.... 2 for 1. Includes all the boat diving and unlimited shore diving right off the key. even night dives.

If you are out of shape, you might not like it here as you have to climb alot of stairs from the water to dining and bar, but great exercise.
It's a good day.... nobody died!
PapaZ
Compulsive Diver

Post by PapaZ »

Coco View!
Shore Diving is great, boat diving is great! Night diving too. 24/7 diving.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Another fan of Cocoview here ... but it depends on what you want. Anthony's is fancier ... and close to that little village ... but if you're going there to just dive, dive, dive, you can't beat the convenience of Cocoview's "front yard" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Post by overandunderwater »

I really appreciate all the feedback but the other half is concerned there will be too much diving :angry:

Seems I can't win but am working on it.