anyone have a Gavin Mini or X Sierra?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

anyone have a Gavin Mini or X Sierra?

Post by kdupreez »

I'm in the process of evaluating scooters for a buying decision and would REALLY appreciate anyone with a Gavin Mini dropping me a line.

I'd like to get a feel for the scooter.

already had my hands on an X Cuda650 and Halcyon but want to try Gavin and a Sierra

thanks!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: anyone have a Gavin Mini or X Sierra?

Post by CaptnJack »

Not sure why you'd buy a Gavin except for wicked cheap and used? George will not be there for you if there's a problem. Talk to Beto in SFO if you want to hear about his trials and tribulations dealing with George over the past couple years. The N-19 is a way better scooter than the G-mini but aren't very common around here. Rodney will be there if there's a problem.

That said, I have a Sierra that you can take for a spin sometime.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

to back up what richard said, rodney and suzie have been awesome to deal with, i never had any issues with my n-19 but they were quick to answer my zillion questions and send me dvds of some sick cave and wreck diving they do. well i guess my only problem with the n-19 was that it wasnt a magnus, but that problem has been fixed :partydance:

luckily you have 2 real choices in ultra fun, reliable scoots these days, X and S.S. it would of been interesting to see what salvo would of done with the mojo but that all went bye bye.

good luck with your research and future purchase.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Liked the longer burn time on the N-19 vs the Sierra. Both are great.

S.S. has great customer service.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I have a Sierra you're welcome to try as well. I haven't tried a SS but have dove along side them and they seem like well engineered and capable scooters. Their customer service seems to have a good reputation. If I lived in FL I'd probably be all over a SS. But I live here. And I as long as Dive Xtras makes cutting edge products and has some of the most awesome customer support in the entire industry I'll be biased toward them. Have fun shopping.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I've got an X you can play with, too.

I have to say that having Dive X-tras right here makes having their scooters awfully nice. If you need ANYTHING, you can generally get turnaround in one or two days, and no shipping involved.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

The point of having DiveX right here in mukilteo helps a lot for the "comfort factor" for sure!!

Anyone with a sierra around on friday or sunday for a ride? I'm taking a cuda650 out again so it would be cool to compare them.

I can also dive next week monday, wednesday and friday.

and if there's anyone wanting to sell a cuda, also pm me :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
sea2summit
Avid Diver

Post by sea2summit »

Stop by the shop, they might let you borrow a sierra.
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

I might be going out Saturday afternoon or Sunday and have a sierra you can borrow, where are you located?
April
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I live on the eastside, but can meet anywhere really.. have car, will travel :D

I'm teaching a bunch of folks gas blending and O2 cleaning on Saturday and Sunday I might be out at Cove2, so Sunday is a much better day.

PM me if Sunday works and we can make a plan to meet. I "might" have a another gig on Sunday, but im waiting confirmation on that.

thanks again! I owe you big time!

Raydar
Dive-aholic

Post by Raydar »

sea2summit wrote:Stop by the shop, they might let you borrow a sierra.
How'd you know? You've never bothered to stop by. Don't worry, our feelings aren't hurt. That much. *sniff*
April wrote:I might be going out Saturday afternoon or Sunday and have a sierra you can borrow, where are you located?
Probably don't want to borrow April's. She'll want to sell it to you. Grapevine rumor has it that she's trying to figure out how to get her hands on a Cuda Fury. ;)
kdupreez wrote:and if there's anyone wanting to sell a cuda, also pm me :)
I posted a few weeks ago about a customer up in Vancouver that was looking to sell his Cuda 650. Last I heard, he had a deal pending, but it might still be available.
Purveyor of crack ;)
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

Raydar wrote: Probably don't want to borrow April's. She'll want to sell it to you. Grapevine rumor has it that she's trying to figure out how to get her hands on a Cuda Fury. ;)
Evil!!!
April
sea2summit
Avid Diver

Post by sea2summit »

Raydar wrote:
sea2summit wrote:Stop by the shop, they might let you borrow a sierra.
How'd you know? You've never bothered to stop by. Don't worry, our feelings aren't hurt. That much. *sniff*.
You cut me deep Ray, you cut me deep. I have to avoid the shop sense I road a furry, that thing is like crack.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

sea2summit wrote: ....sense I road a furry.....
Dude, we ARE still talking about scoots here, right? :rofl:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Thanks April!! I have a funny suspicion your generosity might be costing me a wad of cash in the next few days...

I'm making a trip up to Dive Extras in the morning!! :joshsmith:

Also took a cuda for a spin as well.. and OMG!!

From to Cove2 shore to ibeams to monolyth.. 6 minutes!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

kdupreez wrote:Thanks April!! I have a funny suspicion your generosity might be costing me a wad of cash in the next few days...

I'm making a trip up to Dive Extras in the morning!! :joshsmith:

Also took the MarCuda for a spin as well.. and OMG!!

From to Cove2 shore to ibeams to monolyth.. 6 minutes!
Say hi to Ben and Ray for me tomorrow morning. :taco:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
sea2summit
Avid Diver

Post by sea2summit »

John Rawlings wrote:
sea2summit wrote: ....sense I road a furry.....
Dude, we ARE still talking about scoots here, right? :rofl:
Sorry I get a little excited when we talk about scooters. Especially the cuda fury...excuse me I need a minute.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Resistance was futile... I have been a-Cuda-milated..