Best Dive Job -- Guys, I need your help please!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Best Dive Job -- Guys, I need your help please!

Post by mz53480 »

Blaiz wrote:This is excellent! sixteen votes so far today, including my dentist! and i hope his staff will vote, too! you guys are great, just need another 125 or so votes for the lead~
Trimix cert, here I come!
:supz:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

I need to figure out how to send a PM to all sixteen hundred NWDC members... *grin*
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

But if you win... Then you will leave us .. Sob ..sob... tears flowing ..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Blaiz wrote:I need to figure out how to send a PM to all sixteen hundred NWDC members... *grin*
Start at "A", work your way to "Z".....
And, then there's scubaboard....and TDS....and.....
(have fun....)

Don't worry doc. You've still got me to worry about.....
:boxer: :penelope: :taco:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

mz53480 wrote:
Blaiz wrote:I need to figure out how to send a PM to all sixteen hundred NWDC members... *grin*
(have fun....)

I was afraid you'd say that.

Well, here goes.....

(mods, please don't ban me for spam!)
The student was ready.

awadsworth
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by awadsworth »

I got your PM and I tried to vote for you but the link at the Top here is not working. http://www.bestdivejob.com/blog/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Blaiz wrote:
mz53480 wrote:
(have fun....)

I was afraid you'd say that.

Well, here goes.....

(mods, please don't ban me for spam!)
are you really doing this, kriss?
archaeofish
Aquaphile

Post by archaeofish »

awadsworth wrote:I got your PM and I tried to vote for you but the link at the Top here is not working. http://www.bestdivejob.com/blog/
I also tried it this morning and the link wasn't working. Let us know if it comes back online and we'll be there to support you :joshsmith:

Ross
While it's generally acknowledged that wetsuit divers are a shade or two crazier than the rest of us, we're all special idiots for voluntarily diving in dark, cold, water! - scottsax
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Yeah the website there seems to be down

yessir matt! it's kind of like girl scout cookies... door to door to door to...

I appreciate everyone's support!
The student was ready.

Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

I tried, but the link dosn't work.
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Blaiz wrote:Yeah the website there seems to be down

Blaiz- I went through the PITA process of registering and voting for you. I've met you, I like you, and I think you deserve to win this contest.

That said, I'm very much against the idea of manually spamming the member list here on NWDC. It goes against the grain of what this site is all about. I can't find anything specific in the TOS that forbids it. But that makes me think that the powers that be should add something to the TOS that DOES forbid it. Is this any different from every dive shop owner sending PMs to everyone registered to NWDC advertising their awesome sale on lime green retractors and their great rates on dive trips? Or, for that matter, Me PMing everyone to drum up business for my construction company?

This thread is even questionable, by that same reasoning. But that's a gray area that nobody is likely to question- it IS dive related, and I think we'd all be delighted if you won. But, see- people that know and like you will look at the thread, and decide to support you- as opposed to the 1500 or so people registered to this site who look at it rarely or never.

I have stepped down as a mod, so I'm not asking in any official capacity- I'm asking as a longtime member of the site- please don't do this.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Joshua Smith wrote:

Blaiz- I went through the PITA process of registering and voting for you. I've met you, I like you, and I think you deserve to win this contest.

That said, I'm very much against the idea of manually spamming the member list here on NWDC. It goes against the grain of what this site is all about. I can't find anything specific in the TOS that forbids it. But that makes me think that the powers that be should add something to the TOS that DOES forbid it. Is this any different from every dive shop owner sending PMs to everyone registered to NWDC advertising their awesome sale on lime green retractors and their great rates on dive trips? Or, for that matter, Me PMing everyone to drum up business for my construction company?

This thread is even questionable, by that same reasoning. But that's a gray area that nobody is likely to question- it IS dive related, and I think we'd all be delighted if you won. But, see- people that know and like you will look at the thread, and decide to support you- as opposed to the 1500 or so people registered to this site who look at it rarely or never.

I have stepped down as a mod, so I'm not asking in any official capacity- I'm asking as a longtime member of the site- please don't do this.

Kriss--Josh does have a point. Those of us who know you are happy to support you, but sending everyone PM's is a bit over the top. We don't even do that for club-sponsored events and such. You might want to stop while you're ahead, so to speak.

Good luck on winning, though!
Kelly
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Joshua Smith wrote: their awesome sale on lime green retractors
Can I get some more information on this please?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Post by olyvtx »

Norris wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote: their awesome sale on lime green retractors
Can I get some more information on this please?

+1
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Looks like I'm going to have some competition :stick:

...if I ever get my act together and make a video...

ok that's probably not going to happen...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Some Ukrainian has a comfortable margin for now, although its not clear that blog votes "count" for anything.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

I put my vote in - no problems. 28 votes before mine.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Kriss: I have tried several times on different days and have yet to get through. I'll keep trying. good luck - Curt
Happy to be alive.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Oh my. I guess I should have come home last night. I offer apologies to anyone who thinks sending PM's is too much, but I assure you I sent them with an innocent air, much as a girl scout forced to sell cookies goes first to her friends and family, in the hopes that they will pity her first and help her reach her sales goals. No disrespect is or would ever be intended.

For anyone who has taken the time and trouble to leave a vote, I give you my everlasting thanks, whether the thing is won or not. Their website was down for a day or so, but it is back up last I checked.
The student was ready.

Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

I voted, good luck! :partydance:
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

site finally worked for me.. commented up
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

thank you so much, everyone!

This is the last week and I'm so jittery and excited, I want this really bad.
The student was ready.

sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Joshua Smith wrote:

I'm replying here somewhat reluctantly since I don't want to stir the proverbial pot, so to speak. But, do you realize you're making an ethical argument against excessive PMing(aka board spamming) while flashing the "shocker" in your avatar.

I don't think PM'ing all members of the board would need to be addressed in the TOS, like vulgarity is, unless it's something that becomes habitual.

That said, I guess my main point is that we ALL operate in grey areas sometimes and since Blaiz is posting something that is dive related and related to her furthering her dive education - we should all let this one slide.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Thanks for your input. Go ahead and file a complaint with the ethics commitee about my avatar. Please.

sitkadiver wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

I'm replying here somewhat reluctantly since I don't want to stir the proverbial pot, so to speak. But, do you realize you're making an ethical argument against excessive PMing(aka board spamming) while flashing the "shocker" in your avatar.

I don't think PM'ing all members of the board would need to be addressed in the TOS, like vulgarity is, unless it's something that becomes habitual.

That said, I guess my main point is that we ALL operate in grey areas sometimes and since Blaiz is posting something that is dive related and related to her furthering her dive education - we should all let this one slide.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

sitkadiver wrote:I'm replying here somewhat reluctantly since I don't want to stir the proverbial pot, so to speak. But, do you realize you're making an ethical argument against excessive PMing(aka board spamming) while flashing the "shocker" in your avatar.
i don't really see the correlation between josh's choice of avatar (even if it is considered vulgar) and abusing the forum's PM feature and memberlist for personal gain.
sitkadiver wrote:we should all let this one slide.
we did, until you brought it back up.