Cove 2 Changes

General banter about diving and why we love it.
emeraldcitydiver
Just Settling In

Cove 2 Changes

Post by emeraldcitydiver »

I splashed at Cove 2 last night and noticed "they" put sand connecting the actual beach to the sidewalk by the stairs closest to the parking lot. Not sure when this was done, but does anyone know the reason?
chokolad
Avid Diver

Re: Cove 2 Changes

Post by chokolad »

Someone told me that they used a tractor to haul away bunch of logs from the beach and they built the ramp so tractor can get down there.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Yes, and it's pretty annoying. Perhaps a work-party is in order to do some (re) landscaping?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

the sand berm there showed up at the same time as the big log got moved up onto the grass.

i was speculating that if anyone knew some firefighters, that the water pressure out of one of their hoses might make short work of the sand...

otherwise its shovels...
emeraldcitydiver
Just Settling In

Sounder wrote:Yes, and it's pretty annoying. Perhaps a work-party is in order to do some (re) landscaping?

Absolutely Annoying. I'm in for a work party. I might head there after the 9-5 tomorrow (friday) and see if I can move some sand before I get arrested.

Any sweat lost will be replaced with ice cold libation(s) at the "dive bar" soon after. :partyman:
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Give it time, it will disappear, there is a reason that beach is cobbles.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

the ramp is built up way way high and is way way annoying for just waiting for time and tide to take it away...

more than 3/4 of the usable bulkhead is gone on the parking lot side. only the area to the left of the steps is still useable as a gearing up area, which generally is only comfortable for us short folks. regarding the dirt ramp itself, its too steep, too soft, and too in the way to be terribly useful, and now it's starting to get pushed over and cover part of the stairs so seems to be turning into a 'hazard'.

Steading.. yer back! does this mean we are gonna see you out diving again!! Hows life and family?!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
emeraldcitydiver
Just Settling In

ljjames wrote:the ramp is built up way way high and is way way annoying for just waiting for time and tide to take it away...

more than 3/4 of the usable bulkhead is gone on the parking lot side. only the area to the left of the steps is still useable as a gearing up area, which generally is only comfortable for us short folks. regarding the dirt ramp itself, its too steep, too soft, and too in the way to be terribly useful, and now it's starting to get pushed over and cover part of the stairs so seems to be turning into a 'hazard'.
Yeah I noticed it on the stairs on Wednesday night too. I've already concluded its pretty much just annoying...

Its my thinking that maybe I can turn it into a really cool sand castle, complete with a dive-able moat and :pirate: ...

Or better yet, bring out some tiki tourches and turn it into a Swim up Bar. Hey now there is an idear.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Dive someplace else until the rain and tide level it out! :pirate:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

CaptnJack wrote:Dive someplace else until the rain and tide level it out! :pirate:

there is somewhere else to dive??? how dare you :angry:
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

CaptnJack wrote:Dive someplace else until the rain and tide level it out! :pirate:
+1

There is life (and a heckuva lot to see) outside of Cove 2.

And if you have to dive there, a tailgate and a rinse bucket go a long way.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Question has anyone contacted the city or talked to the guys that maintain it down their about it. I have yet to see it but it sounds as if it could be a hazard for someone to fall and get hurt in their gear.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

loanwolf wrote:Question has anyone contacted the city or talked to the guys that maintain it down their about it. I have yet to see it but it sounds as if it could be a hazard for someone to fall and get hurt in their gear.
I have some contacts at the City from past efforts like the fishing reel and the AED installation. I will give them a buzz on Tuesday morning. It really sucks to have the mound of sand there.

I only dive Cove 2 once in a while, but if the City isn't willing to move it I will organize a work-party. With enough people holding shovels and pushing wheelbarrows, it wouldn't take but a 30 minutes to move the whole thing.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!