Getting Sick

General banter about diving and why we love it.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I "seem" to be on the road to recovery and I'm hoping to be able to dive this weekend....a couple of more days will tell the tale.

This crud just hangs on and on and on....

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

John, I've noticed a big difference in how I feel today - was able to go swimming last night (first exercise I've been able to do in WEEKS) and went out for a little motorcycle ride in the mountains today - so doing MUCH better...this is now Day 13 and I think I'm outta the woods!

<cross>

- Janna :)

PS: I don't think this was classified as 'the flu' since isn't the difference between flu and common cold a high fever (accompanying the flu?)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:Mrs. Sounder brought something home and was kind enough to share... I'm fighting hard trying not to let it develop. :vom: ](*,)
The doc told my wife, "You have Influenza"... when she went in for other checkups. I think she caught it from my daughter... 102+ fevers, chills, and aches for days on end, then lung crud that hangs on.

I'm taking vitamins, washing my hands, NOT kissing my wife ](*,) :-({|= and doing my best to avoid this!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

nwscubamom wrote: - Janna :)

PS: I don't think this was classified as 'the flu' since isn't the difference between flu and common cold a high fever (accompanying the flu?)
Actually, to tell absolutely for sure you'd've had to have a nasal swab for an influenza culture. There are several other non-influenza viral bugs going around right now as well.

-Valerie
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

your right john, i'm knocking on wood and strapping on my b.c. and tanks to avoid it. \:D/ i hope it does not know how to swim :pale:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I seem to be winning - I don't have the flu! My flu shot worked! \:D/ It is true though, the flu shot only protects against what CDC THINKS :book: that year's bug will be. If it changes, the shot becomes less effective. ](*,) :vom:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Aquanautchuck wrote:This post is the reason why I get mey Flu Shot each year. It has been several years since I even had a small cold. I feel for you all. I hear whisky with honey and lemon works good. If you drink enough you don't care if you are sick. :occasion5:

Charles
Well this will teach me to open my mouth or maybe I did not knock on wood. Anyway, two days after my post I came down with some shi***. Not the flu thank god just a regular cold that is going around.

I must say that Whisky, lemon and honey still works great. Just can't drive after. :partyman:

Charles