iPhone Craziness

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Geek
Pelagic

iPhone Craziness

Post by Geek »

So I bought a HTC inspire and love it, was going to get an iPhone 4 to replace my 3gs but am getting sick of paying apple $400 every time they come out with a wiz bang phone and my HTC is faster with more memory and bigger screen AND I can do what I want with it.... so the craziness begins

I put it up on Craigslist and within 2 minutes of posting I started getting calls, like 25 in 20 minutes... bidding wars started... tooth and nail text fighting... man, I'm glad I'm not addicted to the Apple tit anymore, you guys are nuts :angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: iPhone Craziness

Post by Marc »

Welcome to the Droid family.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

SOLD!! that is a personal record for me, 1 hour on craigslist... 36 calls.... 17 texts

sold to a nice russian couple for a bday gift to there mom :)

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Just picked up an HTC Evo and am learning my away around it.

I-Whatever's are very pretty. So pretty.

But....
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Im a droid man... but id rather have a blackberry
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

HTC EVO for the WIN!!!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i'm having flashbacks to the '90s mac vs pc debates.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

yeah but I already said for the win ..game over lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: iPhone Craziness

Post by Joshua Smith »

Norris wrote:HTC EVO for the WIN!!!!

HTC EVO for the....beep! Please connect your charger, battery level is low. Again.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: iPhone Craziness

Post by airsix »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Norris wrote:HTC EVO for the WIN!!!!

HTC EVO for the....beep! Please connect your charger, battery level is low. Again.
You should have gone with one of the models from the HTC Magic line. They have great battery li[9 second pause]fe.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

First thing I did was order a after market battery that has 40% more capacity, I knew going in that battery life was going to be an issue LOL

Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

i get about 4-5 hours on my droid incredible from full overnight charge to 5% left. you learnt o live with a car charger, laptop charger and desktop charger. start playing stupid zombies and its less life.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Geek wrote:First thing I did was order a after market battery that has 40% more caacity, I knew going in that battery life was going to be an issue LOL

I'll be doing the same. Where did you get yours?

Low battery issue should have been fixed out of the gate, but in spite of that it's a great phone with one issue that can be easily taken care of.
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Amazon has a 1600 mAH battery for it for a reasonable price..

airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Wow, Howard. You must work that thing hard. My wife can never remember to charge hers and usually gets 2.5 days out of it before it starts protesting.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I have the original Motorola Droid. It burns out pretty quick, but I've learned new behaviors to keep it charged. I just looked at aftermarket batteries on Amazon. There's a pretty cool 2800 mAh battery for the Droids, but it makes your phone look like it has a huge tumor on the back. Don't know how I feel about that-my phone's pretty big and heavy as it is....
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

It's all about adapting. I sit at a desk all day so I have an extra USB charger and just keep my Evo plugged in while working. Then there was the "out all day" thing so a little Googling and a car charger for under 5 dollars????

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-EVO-4G-Car-Ch ... B003NBS30M
Boom bought that, and no big hurking battery, and no issues with power loss.

In addition many applications like to run in the background so downloading a task killer is helpful too.

It's not so bad.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Oh that is awesome!!!!
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0p ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSAVEl_RU8o[/youtube]

I know this was posted before but It's my personal fav :angelblue:

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hilarious.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

H20doctor wrote:Im a droid man... but id rather have a blackberry
I love my crackberry... charge it once every 3 day's it updates 12 bookmarks every 15 min's, I'm perpetually online with it.... it's a workhorse... but I gotta say I do like the touch screens and all the cool apps and menuing options the droids & iphones have. The deco software for BB is pretty lame IMHO. I got an iTouch so I could run some of the cool app's and V-planner.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Spatty, that was hilarious and very fair of you.

Hey folks, by the way I found a new current prediction app the other day that is nice. I'll admit that none of them are exactly what I want, but this one is worth having. The project page is here. The app shows a google map with the locations of the current stations. Just select a date/time and tap on a current station. It will pop up a nice summary with time and speed for max ebb/flood as well slack time and speed at the selected time. It won't graph weeks/months, so you have to blindly peck around looking for good days unless you use another tool for charting week/month info.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

airsix wrote:Spatty, that was hilarious and very fair of you.

Hey folks, by the way I found a new current prediction app the other day that is nice. I'll admit that none of them are exactly what I want, but this one is worth having. The project page is here. The app shows a google map with the locations of the current stations. Just select a date/time and tap on a current station. It will pop up a nice summary with time and speed for max ebb/flood as well slack time and speed at the selected time. It won't graph weeks/months, so you have to blindly peck around looking for good days unless you use another tool for charting week/month info.
Been using that for a while too, nice app. I like the arrows showing the direction of the currents and ALL the stations you can just touch and see.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**