Liquivision Xen - Test Diver impressions

General topics about technical diving.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Liquivision Xen - Test Diver impressions

Post by kdupreez »

Hey guys,

I have a Liquivision Xen test diver unit and wrote up some first impressions on TDS if you are interested..
http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46047

FYI - no affiliation with Liquivision, just happen to be a lucky test diver for the product :luv: and move it to general equipment if you want, but i thought this belongs under DIR type diving.

here are some pics from my unit in the meantime.. (same pics on TDS)

Xen display right after you turn it on (and bungees mounted!)

Here is the infrared USB "puck" you get to upload your dive logs

Here is a shot (In dive simulator mode) next to a Scubapro Galileo SOL and an X1 (notice the zero glare and bright display!)

and just for size comparison, here it is next to a Garmin Forerunner watch/gps
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: Liquivision Xen - Test Diver impressions

Post by Pez7378 »

Nice Report. I haven't been interested in any new gear for awhile, but this has certainly caught my eye!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:Nice Report. I haven't been interested in any new gear for awhile, but this has certainly caught my eye!
You do know that's for diving right?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:Nice Report. I haven't been interested in any new gear for awhile, but this has certainly caught my eye!
You do know that's for diving right?
What? Oh, snap! I was bouncing back and forth between NWDC and Brand New Dad. I guess I posted on the wrong forum.
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

Thank you for posting your write-up. It answered a lot of my questions. The Xen looks like a very handy addition to have.
nwffdiver
Just Settling In

Post by nwffdiver »

Just got a chance to dive mine this week. I love it, so easy to read... even at depth.