dive expo

General banter about diving and why we love it.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Re: dive expo

Post by spudgunman »

I will be out sunday, got some nerd stuff sat.
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Hope to meet some of you! I'll be in the REEF booth (booth 104 on the wall closest to the escalators) with my REEF hat and REEF shirt (will be hard to miss!) - and also giving a talk at 3pm in room 404. Come say hi!
- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Be there shortly
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Hope to see you - Whidbey Island Dive Center - booth 607 - I think :)
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

I'm posting to the NWDC from the NWDC booth -- isn't recursion fun? :penelope:
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

lundysd wrote:I'm posting to the NWDC from the NWDC booth -- isn't recursion fun? :penelope:

My,, God..... doesn't that create a class four paradox and open a rift in the space time continuum ?!?
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

not a bad show.. starting to meet a lot of people so just walking around just about every isle someone I knew.. that was cool.

lots of old friends and also met a new one Josh :)

I did sucker into some gear, so I am now rental free! so I can dive whenever and wherever I want! yahoo! (just in time for a new kid ..)

also checked out that GEM simi closed loop system.. intriguing
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Well that was a fun expo, nothing like screwing around int the pool on a paddle board and then trying out a propulsion device that attaches to your tank.....that was awesome. Now trying to de-chlorify my poor drysuit...Anyway, the kiddies that got to "experience" scuba had fun, and thats all that matters.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

they let you try that out? nifty, I would have loved to see what propwashing a passer by would have been like haha

I was looking at it ..other then putting a propulsion device on your back where you cant reach it and gives you even more of a keel then a tank. how did it work out.. for sure a interesting product.

how was it ...worth the trouble? they sounded like a lot of cash - I wanted to find a local shop that might rent them
Kelly(boy)
_____
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

if you have two you can double them up on either side of the tank and really get ripping!
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

what about putting one in either direction (fwd and reverse) I think that might get exciting or just offset them 20 degrees from each other so you spin thru the water like a cruise missile.

I only find this to be mostly hilarious which makes me want one, just to kick it on and bonk into things.

think about it for fishing and crabbing however...
Kelly(boy)
_____
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Had fun today with all the toys and talking to all the different travel people... Someday I'll get a chance to dive where the water isn't 45 degrees, still though our diving is pretty tough to beat!!! If you take 2 of the tank props and mount them slightly offset that would be fun to watch and Aaron could do the video... :smt064
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

spudgunman wrote:they let you try that out? nifty, I would have loved to see what propwashing a passer by would have been like haha

I was looking at it ..other then putting a propulsion device on your back where you cant reach it and gives you even more of a keel then a tank. how did it work out.. for sure a interesting product.

how was it ...worth the trouble? they sounded like a lot of cash - I wanted to find a local shop that might rent them
LOL it was a bit hard to turn....I kept running into the walls of the pool...probably would have worked out better if it was a bigger and deeper pool...and if I had fins on....but it was AWESOME, so much fun :)
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

As hard to turn as the board was? I think more people were in danger of getting wet from that than the thruster!
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

citycatred wrote:
spudgunman wrote:they let you try that out? nifty, I would have loved to see what propwashing a passer by would have been like haha

LOL it was a bit hard to turn....I kept running into the walls of the pool...probably would have worked out better if it was a bigger and deeper pool...and if I had fins on....but it was AWESOME, so much fun :)
Yeah, you plowed into one of the floating scuba rigs pretty good. I think you were trying to go under it but didnt realize how far that sticks up off your back. :smt064 did that knock the controll cord out?

nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Got my photos of the Dive Expo all uploaded here:
http://pnwscuba.smugmug.com/Diving/expo ... 4359_NUUP6

Enjoy!

- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Agent 47 wrote:
citycatred wrote:

Yeah, you plowed into one of the floating scuba rigs pretty good. I think you were trying to go under it but didnt realize how far that sticks up off your back. :smt064 did that knock the controll cord out?
No, I kept pulling on the chord which is what was causing the problems. I was trying to avoid the rigs ....I guess I failed lol :angelblue:
Cynthia Heimel
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I would think, given the tank-mounted nature of that little thing, that you're supposed to use your fins for a rudder ... only you weren't wearing any.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/