Bank bottles

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
cofford
Aquaphile

Bank bottles

Post by cofford »

Anyone have any bank bottles for sale, or know of someone who does? My compressor project is almost complete and I'm getting antsy.

Thanks!
Powered by Puppies and Ice Cream.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Bank bottles

Post by CaptnJack »

I'm sure Fire King will paint up and hydro some up for you (they have a huge stash of used out of hydro ones). But they aren't going to be cheap.

When I put my bank together I found a mish mash of cylinders from all over. 4 from my compressor guy and 3 for other sources. Getting an LP bank peiced together from CL wouldn't be too difficult, but anything over 2400psi is alot harder to source. Our prices on the West Coast seem alot higher than what I see in the midwest and eastward via TDS etc too.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

CaptnJack wrote:I'm sure Fire King will paint up and hydro some up for you (they have a huge stash of used out of hydro ones). But they aren't going to be cheap.

When I put my bank together I found a mish mash of cylinders from all over. 4 from my compressor guy and 3 for other sources. Getting an LP bank peiced together from CL wouldn't be too difficult, but anything over 2400psi is alot harder to source. Our prices on the West Coast seem alot higher than what I see in the midwest and eastward via TDS etc too.
ROAD TRIP!!! :partydance:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Sounder wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:I'm sure Fire King will paint up and hydro some up for you (they have a huge stash of used out of hydro ones). But they aren't going to be cheap.

ROAD TRIP!!! :partydance:
To Ohio? Arkansas? No thank you.

Besides bank bottles are heavy, you need a 3/4 ton truck and with gas >$4 for 1800 miles @ 18mpg there goes your "savings".

Best to keep your eyes out locally for random cylinders which can be put into bank service. I have 7 in my banks and 7 as supply bottles I swap out for O2, He and Ar. I don't think I paid retail for any of them.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Besides bank bottles are heavy, you need a 3/4 ton truck and with gas >$4 for 1800 miles @ 18mpg there goes your "savings".

18MPG :rofl: you want to trade for my 2006 Ford F250 V10 automatic that gets about 10.4MPG :smt064
Jeff Castor
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

CaptnJack wrote: Besides bank bottles are heavy, you need a 3/4 ton truck and with gas >$4 for 1800 miles @ 18mpg there goes your "savings".
They really are very heavy, I picked up four 3500 psi bank bottles for a friend the other day and couldn't believe how much trouble I had getting them into and out of my truck by myself (it was making me feel old). So I weighed them and they were 240 lbs each. That's 100 lbs more than your typical K bottle.

pogiguy05 wrote:
18MPG :rofl: you want to trade for my 2006 Ford F250 V10 automatic that gets about 10.4MPG :smt064
Think Diesel..... 20 MPG :angelblue:
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I might know of about 10-12 x 3600psi tanks in the area that are for sale.. probably around $200 a piece..

drop me a pm if thats something you are looking for.
Last edited by kdupreez on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

just toss a couple of them into an old honda that you don't care about any more.... rip out the front passenger seat... 30 mpg... =)
Kees
Avid Diver

Post by Kees »

A Prelude, perhaps? I hear those are excellent at hauling bank bottles.
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction