Photo storage advice...

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Photo storage advice...

Post by Scubie Doo »

Not sure if this is a photo question????

Any good recommendations for 1 or 2 TB storage drives. I'd also like to connect it to my router or wireless. Any recommendations on central access hard drives?
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Re: Photo storage advice...

Post by Dmitchell »

Just bought a Drobo FS- I'm really liking it. $$$ But its working great, sharing everything on my network and the drives are not only hot swappable but you can slap in any Sata drive you have.
Dave Mitchell
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

I just started using buffalo cloudstor, greatest nas for the price I have yet found, more like a mini server that you can access anywhere in the world... my customers love it too, I've sold 4 of them this week :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Netgear ReadyNAS is cheap and awesome (Thank you Ben @ DiveXtras for the tip). The specific product is “ReadyNAS NV+”Here is a good basic overview from the ReadyNAS community site.
Here's a youtube review. It demonstrates some cool features like USB one-button backup and hot-swapping drives.

Local Backups are dead simple. Using the web interface, point the NAS at a network share and set a backup schedule. Done.
If you buy 2 of these you can mirror them. Effortlessly. On your LAN or even across the Internet.
ReadyNAS Replicate information page. Youtube video demonstrating ReadyNAS Replicate.

Pricing: Cheap (for what you get). For example, the 2TB model (1TB effective storage) is under $500. As you can see here, there are plenty of places to buy this from.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

2TB Cloudstor is only $239 :angelblue:

If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

4TB of RAIDed storage with Linux (SAMBA connected) on cheapish hardware $350ish
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."