Liquivision X1 for sale - still in warranty

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

I putting my Liquivision X1 up for sale - it still has 7-8 months of original warranty - this is a brand new (not refurbished) replacement unit I purchased from Liquivision, new model, less than 50 dives, and it's in perfect condition and running a fully licensed V-Planner Live.

Asking $1,000 firm. US only.

I recently got a Shearwater and upgraded my Galileo, so I need to find a good home to a great computer i have no immediate use for any longer.

thanks,
demed

email: demed_at_msn_dot_com
raptor
Dive-aholic

Post by raptor »

Why the switch? I have been looking a both and just would like your opinion. If you do not mind. Thanks
yadayada
Aquaphile

Re: Liquivision X1 for sale - still in warranty

Post by yadayada »

I like the Predator multi-color display even if the X1 brightness is absolutely fantastic
I like the Predator easy button navigation controls even if i'm amazed about the X1 tap interface
I like the Predator log and graphs desktop app even if I admire the simple elegance of the X1's
I like the multi-screen information available with the Predator even if I appreciate the concise display of the X1
In the end is a toss between the two and if I was a hard-core DIR tech diver I would stick with the X1, but being a mostly TecRec nerd I'm drawn to the newer bright colored shining toy.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

yadayada wrote:I like the Predator multi-color display even if the X1 brightness is absolutely fantastic
I like the Predator easy button navigation controls even if i'm amazed about the X1 tap interface
I like the Predator log and graphs desktop app even if I admire the simple elegance of the X1's
I like the multi-screen information available with the Predator even if I appreciate the concise display of the X1
In the end is a toss between the two and if I was a hard-core Puppies and Ice Cream tech diver I would stick with the X1, but being a mostly TecRec nerd I'm drawn to the newer bright colored shining toy.
ha ha you said "Puppies and Ice Cream"
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

The term D.I.R. has been "banished" on this forum looks like..

it automagicaly replaces it with "DIR"
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

yadayada wrote:I like the Predator multi-color display even if the X1 brightness is absolutely fantastic
In the end is a toss between the two and if I was a hard-core Puppies and Ice Cream tech diver I would stick with the X1, but being a mostly TecRec nerd I'm drawn to the newer bright colored shining toy.

Just curious, what would make the X1 more suitable for a "hard core Puppies and Ice Cream tech diver" (DIR)
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Actually, the hard core Puppies and Ice Cream divers prefer the Xen ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Grateful Diver wrote:Actually, the hard core Puppies and Ice Cream divers prefer the Xen ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I thought they perfered an abacus, wetnotes w/ a stopwatch and a sliderule for redundancy and just settle for a dive computer to look cool? :tomnic:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Geek wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:Actually, the hard core Puppies and Ice Cream divers prefer the Xen ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I thought they perfered an abacus, wetnotes w/ a stopwatch and a sliderule for redundancy and just settle for a dive computer to look cool? :tomnic:

abacus? that would be silly. Those of us who are truly hard core use Pez's Ratio Deco calculator.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

Curt McNamee wrote:
Just curious, what would make the X1 more suitable for a "hard core Puppies and Ice Cream tech diver" (Puppies and Ice Cream)
because in that case i {underline "I"} would prefer to see the world in mono-chromatic way rather than colorful...
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

You guys are tough on the Puppies and Ice cream divers huh? I mean, Who doesn't like puppies and ice cream?

I like the cool colors of the X1 but can't afford it.

:popcorn:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

you should look at the Xen, it goes really nicely with Puppies and Ice cream.. it's got all the purdy OLED colors too! even has Pink, cyan, purple and teal :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

yep, i'm considering to move from the Uwatec to the Xen, i like colors and if it comes with the Puppies and Ice Cream seal of approval....

By the way, this thread is now closed as the X1 has just found a new home - thanks all for the interest.