Uwatec

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Uwatec

Post by Diver Doug »

Does anybody know how to change a battery on a (Uwatek Aladin sport) computor. I obtained it from Sparky and it has a dead battery.
Doug
If only I had Gills
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Uwatec

Post by cardiver »

You need to send it to Uwatec.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
cofford
Aquaphile

Re: Uwatec

Post by cofford »

You can do it yourself if you can solder. I've done it a few times on mine (I have a few Aladin Pros) and it's a relatively simple process. Video here (it's big): http://mkotva.cz/UW_comp/Images/A_pro_b ... change.mpg

The direct replacement battery with the correct pins is no longer made (or at least is very hard to find), so you have to get a little creative. I removed the old battery, broke the tabs off, resoldered them to the board, then soldered the new battery to the old tabs. Its easier than it sounds.

I've heard some people say that Uwatec "recalibrates" the computer. Mine all read exactly the same depth when I take more than one on a dive, before and after the battery change, so I don't think that's a true statement.