Local Wreck diving on Travel Channel tonight

General banter about diving and why we love it.
boydski
Submariner

Local Wreck diving on Travel Channel tonight

Post by boydski »

The Travel Channel show "Off Limits, Seattle" is airing tonight at 9 PM. It features a segment on the Mosquito Fleet Steamer Burton (Gig Harbor) that was shot in February. The underwater footage of host Don Wildman diving on the wreck was shot by our own Laurynn Evans (Seainggreen).

I'm sure the show will feature the usual over-dramatization of how dangerous wreck diving is (in all of 40' of water), but it should be fun to watch. Besides, with Charlie Sheen gone from Two and Half Men, what else do you have to do at 9 PM? :popcorn:

I'm hoping to see my boat (the Dive Bum) on the show. If you do see the boat, realize that there are at least six people crouching down in the small cabin, hiding from the camera during all the surface shots. It was a riot!
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Re: Local Wreck diving on Travel Channel tonight

Post by Lonestar »

Looks like it'll be on at 1800 and 2100

Great job Scott! Great videography by Laurynn too!
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

My thanks to Scott for giving us a heads up. I turned on my TV and watched the segment on a channel I didn't know I had. The show emphasized the history that lies beneath the surface and limited the sensationalism. I appreciate the efforts of all involved.
- Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Thanks Curt,

I thought Laurynn's video looked awesome considering the poor visibility and limited subject material.

My favorite part was Don Wildman repeating, "it's cold, oh my gosh, the cold is creeping in" as he descended the anchor line. As you can imagine, wearing a wet suit on a cold February day was not really very warm... :angelblue:
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

That was hilarious as my son and I had just said that he was going to be COLD. Nice boat BTW, made me want to buy one again for the briefest of moments.
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Scott, thanks for the heads up on the air date (it helped my husband remember to set the DVR since I was still trekking back from Canada) and thanks y'all for the nice words about the video... it was a challenging shoot for a variety of reasons and so I'm mostly glad that there was good footage for what they wanted for the show. I still can't believe Don went in with only a wetsuit and that he did TWO dives. It was super-cold topside to start with... and visibility in the water was less than spectacular... and that wetsuit had to be freezing cold. :) I will never forget all of us mashed into the cabin while the deck segment was taped... I have some funny photos of that whole escapade. The whole shoot was a fun experience that I'm looking forward to repeating soon.

Happy diving!
Seainggreen
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Nice work!!! I think I may have a new favorite show...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

Darn, I missed it :-( Anyone still have it on their TiVo?
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

If you did miss the Seattle episode and wish to see it, they will be
re-playing it (again and again and again).

The next showings are on Thursday, May 26 (7 PM & 10 PM E/P). It also airs
again on Monday June 6 (5 PM E/P), Tuesday June 7 (12 AM E/P), etc.,etc.
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

Thanks Scott. Took me a little while to find it. Comcast: Ch 654 TRAVD
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Very fun--thanks for letting us know it was on! And what a cool show.
Kelly