SeaingGreen Makes NPR!!

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Sounder
I've Got Gills

SeaingGreen Makes NPR!!

Post by Sounder »

Laurynn's "GPO Mama" video continues to be popular and is garnering more and more media attention. Congratulations, and thanks for including me in the effort... even if I have been reduced to "a guy named 'D'."

NPR Article:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/ ... an-watches

Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2tZMhoq0nI[/youtube]
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: SeaingGreen Makes NPR!!

Post by renoun »

It looks like she has inspired a music video. The band has a gig in Beaverton this week if any of the OR folks are interested.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr2e5SiWX0o[/youtube]
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:Laurynn's "GPO Mama" video continues to be popular and is garnering more and more media attention. Congratulations, and thanks for including me in the effort... even if I have been reduced to "a guy named 'D'."
just be glad they referred to you as "a guy".

congrats, laurynn!
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Thanks, y'all! It was a fun back-and-forth with the host, Robert Krulwich. Always great to engage with fellow admirers of the amazing animals we have out here. And hey, "guy named D", you did bring the celebratory beverages, so I guess you can stay on the team... ;)

As a result of the blog share my email in-box has exploded in a good way. Still digging through them. Looks like Seainggreen's gonna be busy this summer!

Happy diving everyone!
Seainggreen
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

seainggreen wrote:As a result of the blog share my email in-box has exploded in a good way. Still digging through them. Looks like Seainggreen's gonna be busy this summer!
:taco: :taco:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
seaphilia
Avid Diver

Post by seaphilia »

Just watched this, great video and write up. Though I thought the line "(Don't ask why, people in Seattle are just different from you and me.) " should have been "(Don't ask why, divers are just different from you and me.)".