Canister lights...

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
E_Mo
Aquaphile

Canister lights...

Post by E_Mo »

I am wanting to upgrade from my regular hand held light to one of the canister style lights.

I have never used one of these before and was wondering what the best wattage to get for diving locally?

Any suggested brands/models?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Unknown
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Canister lights...

Post by Nwbrewer »

E_Mo wrote:I am wanting to upgrade from my regular hand held light to one of the canister style lights.

I have never used one of these before and was wondering what the best wattage to get for diving locally?

Any suggested brands/models?
You can get by with a 10 watt LED/HID, but a 21watt punches through the murk a lot better. It just depends what your budget is. I actually like my 10watt a lot, and a lot of folks use them with great success. If you can afford it, a 21 is probably more versatile.

While I don't own one myself, (I made my own light) from seeing the build quality of quite a few different lights over the years and making several of my own, I'd recommend looking at LightMonkey. http://www.lightmonkey.us/ NWSD is Lynnwood is a dealer.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Re: Canister lights...

Post by dsteding »

I have a used salvo 35w HID I'd consider letting go of. PM me if interested.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.