Hood Canal

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Hood Canal

Post by olyvtx »

took the family camping Sunday up in the Hood where the poison oak and mosquitoes were abundant. on the way back i stopped at Sund rock to do a dive, first in about 5-6 weeks.

Vis was great, water was calm, rain was light. a bald eagle flew by while i was stuffing myself into my wetsuit...seems i've put on a few pounds since i wore it last, or it's shrunk! Dove the south wall, saw my first Rhinoceros or Golf Ball crab on what i believe is 'Sund Rock', a large boulder straight out from the entry. Sea Lemon nudi, Slime Star, Velcro Star, and battling hermit crabs kept the dive interesting. Was hoping to see and photograph a lion's mane but when i finally saw one my camera's strobe's decided to stop firing correctly. grrr...
Attachments
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Re: Hood Canal

Post by lavachickie »

Nice pics, thanks for sharing! I'm hoping to do the 'Rock on Friday July 8th before we head over to the Tacoma side that night for the club dive the next day!
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
jashall
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by jashall »

Vis really was great @ Sund on Sunday! Probably saw you there.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

really nice on that lemony dude
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix