VPLANNER FOR DROID

General topics about technical diving.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

VPLANNER FOR DROID

Post by Joshua Smith »

Available now.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: VPLANNER FOR DROID

Post by spatman »

ZOMG!!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

They got it for iPhone, too.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

You guys are slackn'.

Here's a timeline:

Vplanner Android public beta: 3/26/10
I install public beta: 3/26/10
Ross flatly ignores my questions: 3/27/10
Vplanner Android V1.0: 5/17/10
Vplanner Android V1.2: 6/27/10

OK, there's a bit of extra info in there, but oh well.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

What were your questions?

airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I asked what the limitations of the free download were so I could compare what I was seeing to what could be expected from the paid app. After a while of non-response I lost interest since I don't deco dive at this point anyway.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

airsix wrote:I asked what the limitations of the free download were so I could compare what I was seeing to what could be expected from the paid app. After a while of non-response I lost interest since I don't deco dive at this point anyway.
Ah. Well, it doesn't do a hell of a lot for free.

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Love the App! The tools are VERY useful when mixing gases. I hate sitting behind my computer, with this I can plan on the go.

But, if you lose, break, drown, polar bear eats your phone, you have to use a new code. That is something to consider.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Dashrynn wrote:Love the App! The tools are VERY useful when mixing gases. I hate sitting behind my computer, with this I can plan on the go.

But, if you lose, break, drown, polar bear eats your phone, you have to use a new code. That is something to consider.

I hadn't looked at that- I've been able to spread my original vplanner purchase across my desktop and two different laptops- always figured it was a pretty good purchase, personally. Wasn't too upset that it cost more to load it into my phone.....but I'll probably get pissed off when that polar bear (inevitably) eats my phone and I have to repurchase.

By the way, Dashrynn- did you know that some guy who looks just like you is posting over on TDS? His username is "Dashynn." Just thought you might want to know..... :spatman:

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

airsix wrote:I asked what the limitations of the free download were so I could compare what I was seeing to what could be expected from the paid app. After a while of non-response I lost interest since I don't deco dive at this point anyway.

They're ALL deco dives. Don't worry, more will be explained when they issue you a lightsaber.

(Which will lead to more questions, and then your father cuts your hand off after you kiss your sister....look, don't worry too much about it; just try and enjoy the ride. :funky: )

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Joshua Smith wrote:
By the way, Dashrynn- did you know that some guy who looks just like you is posting over on TDS? His username is "Dashynn." Just thought you might want to know..... :spatman:
Sadly that's the same person who also eats fish tacos from time to time. Just a misspell I should fix (it really Irks(it was erks to all the cool L33t friends :funky: ) me) but just grew used to it with time.
Last edited by Dashrynn on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

"Irks." Just sayin'.

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Joshua Smith wrote:"Irks." Just sayin'.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=erks

:supz: Though, I'm still using it incorrectly. Used to be erks in the nerd society back home, maybe we were just wrong?