Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redondo!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
MilDivr
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redondo!

Post by MilDivr »

Ive been diving for 6 years, although last year I was not able to due to work.
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

MilDivr wrote:Hey, how yall doin? I currently do NOT have any of my gear up here due to a military transfer to Ft Lewis. I also dont have my truck up here. I would have to rent my own gear. I'd be more than willing to compensate for gas, food, and anything.
MilDivr,
If no one from the local area offers a bunch of us are driving north out of Oregon to attend. You are right on our way and we could swing by and pick you up. We can't get on Fort but we could meet you at a gate. The MWR on North Fort has a Scuba shop and rents gear. I will PM you my number. We need to get you in the water.

Jeff
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Just a few more days to go! Who's still on the fence, and who's bringing what scuba noms? :burntchef:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm in, and will bring coffee for the morning people. Someone bringing donuts?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redondo!

Post by spudgunman »

I have to cancel I am working AOW this weekend with bob so the wife cut my 5 days of diving down...doh
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
wenatchee
Avid Diver

Post by wenatchee »

Dang! I have to cancel. I have to work Saturday 10 - 11 am. I was looking forward to meeting you "Westsiders."
Have fun and be safe.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

As it turns out, I will be there! I'll bring a desert of some sort.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Penopolypants wrote:Just a few more days to go! Who's still on the fence, and who's bringing what scuba noms? :burntchef:
I'm in, don't know what I am bringing (what do we need and how many people usually show up at these shindigs?), and not certain if any of the fambly might come along.

Also, would need a dive buddy willing to put up with a newly certified greenhorn with minimal (ie rental) gear. I do have a used neoprene mostly-dry-suit handed down from Alexitt I will bring along, but will also have a wetsuit sent along from the shop as well, in case nobody wants to deal with a new guy trying out the suit... I have no desires for hte day other than going under and having some fun...

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

BASSMAN wrote:As it turns out, I will be there! I'll bring a desert of some sort.
But we don't need sand!!! :smt064

Glad you're able to make a Saturday event! :)
Kelly
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Anybody want to carpool from the Northgate area?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll be there ... bringing a cheese, crackers and salami platter ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Change of plans for us. Skiing Crystal instead on Saturday. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case anyone was counting on the cooler o'beverages. That particular cooler and its contents will now be in the Crystal parking lot instead of the 'Dond. Hope you all have some great dives on Saturday! Catch you at the next club dive.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I'm in. Wifey and son coming along, but just play at the beach. I'm down for 2 dives if anybody wants a buddy.
Oh, by the way, I will try to bring "LUMPIA"
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
bfann
Avid Diver

Post by bfann »

Looking forward to meeting some more club members on Saturday. I'll bring some doughnuts for folks to snack on before the first dive.

I'm especially interested in meeting / diving with anyone coming up from the Portland area. I'll be moving to Portland later this year and am eager to learn more about potential dive buddies as well as what sites are easiest / quickest to reach from Portland. Also, I'd love to buddy up with anyone who can give me a few tips about underwater photography techniques. I've been using a point a shoot with mostly poor results for a little while now, so I'd welcome the opportunity to dive with someone who can teach me a thing or two about how to use my camera more effectively.

-Brian
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

OK, got a carpool planned with ScottSax. I'll probably bake some brownies for the food table and will bring a pop-up canopy if it looks hot or wet. I'll also be bringing some gear for sale that I'm flogging in a separate thread and a junk bin of free stuff I don't need too.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
JeremyB
Avid Diver

Post by JeremyB »

I'll be there and I'm up for 2 dives (or maybe more if I can refill my tanks nearby). I've never been to Redondo and look forward to learning a new site! I'm coming alone so I'll need a buddy. I'll bring some food - I'm not sure what (maybe potato salad?) but it won't be donuts, coffee, chips, cupcakes, cheese/crackers/salami, or burgers since those yummy sounding options have already been claimed. I'll see what inspires me at the grocery store tomorrow. Look forward to meeting new folks Saturday and also seeing some familiar faces!
mcloed121
Aquanaut

Post by mcloed121 »

JeremyB wrote:I'll be there and I'm up for 2 dives (or maybe more if I can refill my tanks nearby). I've never been to Redondo and look forward to learning a new site! I'm coming alone so I'll need a buddy. I'll bring some food - I'm not sure what (maybe potato salad?) but it won't be donuts, coffee, chips, cupcakes, cheese/crackers/salami, or burgers since those yummy sounding options have already been claimed. I'll see what inspires me at the grocery store tomorrow. Look forward to meeting new folks Saturday and also seeing some familiar faces!

you can fill your tanks up at tlsea they open at 11am saturday.
Anthony
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

there's a likelihood that i'll bring a brand new diver, and some sweet scubanoms
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

My son has the flu and I'm pretty sure he gave it to me, so I'm out. Hopefully I'll make the next one!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Does anyone need gear? I'm not planning on bringing extras unless there's something someone needs or wants to try out. Holla!
Last edited by scottsax on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll be available for anyone who needs a buddy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Okay, it's definite. Peter and I will be there. I'm happy to dive with new divers, or with anybody who wants to work on any skills. I'll have a backplate setup with me, if anybody wants to try one, and two canister lights (maybe three). Not sure what food I'll bring -- will gear do, instead?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

scottsax wrote:Does anyone need gear? I'm not planning on bringing extras unless there's something someone needs or wants to try out. Holla!
A spare light? I'll be using rental gear from the shop for the most part, I didn't think to ask about one of those... We get 2 free rentals as part of the OW class deal, so I might as well use 'em and try out differnt BCs.

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Lynne, gear and your presence will be fantastic! No food necessary.

Jim, Lynne is bringing extra can lights, and I highly recommend you try one, but be forwarned, can lights are crack! Fortunately Dusty has a reasonably priced option available....

Also, few shops rent bp/w setups, and if you're in the market for a bc, tomorrow would be a great opportunity to try one out for free.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
JeremyB
Avid Diver

RE: Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redondo!

Post by JeremyB »

I'm in the market for a light and would love to try diff kinds.

BTW, its confirmed: I'm bringing potato salad. And plates and forks!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express