Facebook music player?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Facebook music player?

Post by scottsax »

I'm trying to market myself as a sax player more through social media (although to what end, I'm not sure :dontknow: ). I'd like to include some samples of my playing with a variety of acts on my Facebook fan page, but I'm kind of at a loss.

Does anyone have music players on their page, and if so, what do you like/dislike about it? Am I better off creating YouTube videos and linking that way?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Facebook music player?

Post by scottsax »

It TOTALLY doesn't get less dive related than this....
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Grant's brother's band has one that is a FB app through reverbnation.com. I believe it's just music, not video - if you want people to see you in action you would probably be best served to link to link to youtube or just upload your own videos.

From a user's perspective it seems to work well, but I don't know how they feel about it, or any problems/issues they've had.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Scott, I'd go with the youtube embedding because your videos will work for mobile FB users as well. They are also easily shared and otherwise promoted by viewers.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

That's the second endorsement I've heard for ReverbNation, but Ben, you make an excellent point. I think I'll try the youtube videos first...

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

there's no reason to limit yourself to one method of delivery, either...
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

I'd second Spats comment. Blanket bombing the public would probably be your best bet. Be sure you don't neglect us and post a link.... I'd dig hearin' what you got Scott..
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Waynne Fowler wrote:I'd second Spats comment. Blanket bombing the public would probably be your best bet. Be sure you don't neglect us and post a link.... I'd dig hearin' what you got Scott..
+1 Post some tunes dude, We all wanna hear
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

And for gods sake post the details for the Spike and the Impailers concert you were talking about.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Ross--Check out http://www.tulalipresort.com/entertainm ... eatre.aspx. The show is on Friday, July 29. DBrown and I just reserved a Standard Room and Show package--can't wait!!
Kelly
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

ktb wrote:Ross--Check out http://www.tulalipresort.com/entertainm ... eatre.aspx. The show is on Friday, July 29. DBrown and I just reserved a Standard Room and Show package--can't wait!!
That's awesome! We're gonna party like rock stars! After I sign autographs, naturally... :supz:

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:there's no reason to limit yourself to one method of delivery, either...
This is true, but I'm incredibly lazy, too, so since I already know how to upload YouTube videos, I'll start there.

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

scottsax wrote:
spatman wrote:there's no reason to limit yourself to one method of delivery, either...
This is true, but I'm incredibly lazy, too, so since I already know how to upload YouTube videos, I'll start there.
"Lazy" might not be the right word-how about I have limited bandwidth? :spatman:

ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

scottsax wrote:
ktb wrote:Ross--Check out http://www.tulalipresort.com/entertainm ... eatre.aspx. The show is on Friday, July 29. DBrown and I just reserved a Standard Room and Show package--can't wait!!
That's awesome! We're gonna party like rock stars! After I sign autographs, naturally... :supz:
Wohoo! We're Scottsax groupies!! :supz: :supz:
Kelly