Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redondo!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Re: Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redondo!

Post by RoxnDox »

Penopolypants wrote:Lynne, gear and your presence will be fantastic! No food necessary.

Jim, Lynne is bringing extra can lights, and I highly recommend you try one, but be forwarned, can lights are crack! Fortunately Dusty has a reasonably priced option available....

Also, few shops rent bp/w setups, and if you're in the market for a bc, tomorrow would be a great opportunity to try one out for free.
I did pick up a small light this afternoon at the shop, just a basic model with a strobe on one end and LED on the other. Got home, put freshly charged AAs in, and the dang thing wont light up (strobe does, but not hte light) :angry: So a loaner light will be humongously appreciated :notworthy: And I am taking my brother's advice and leaving the drysuit home, will just go wetsuit instead of trying to fiddle around with too much new gear...

Bringing along a box of cookies and some brats to throw on the barbie...

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Have fun everyone! I'm spending the day out on/in the lake instead but am sending vibes for good vis and no freak-Dond-currents!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Viz wasn't awful! And we shared a backplate, and can light crack with several folks. And I ate too much. What a beautiful day it turned out to be for a club dive!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Had to work today but it sounds like a Grand time was had... Perhaps we could make the next Club dive on a Sunday for those of us who work Saturdays???????
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

The food was great, the company was outstanding, and the viz was...there. I had two great dives with Blaiz. If you haven't had the chance to dive with her yet, find an opportunity. Her ability to spot the tiny critters is amazing. Mucho thanks to Penopolypants for putting it together and preparing the food, thanks to Blaiz for putting up with my fumbly-ness, thanks to all who came out and made this one of the funnest club dives to date.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
deadbilly
Getting To Know Folks

Post by deadbilly »

I'm sorry I missed this. My week was very long and I ended up getting home around 2AM last night. Sleep became a priority.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Thanks Penopolypants, Another great get together. Nice talking to everyone. Such a great group. Hope to see some of you up in PT the end of the month.
JeremyB
Avid Diver

RE: Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redondo!

Post by JeremyB »

Thanks for organizing this, Penelopypants! Had a great time!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

We had a wonderful turnout, great food, excellent weather, and the viz even tried to cooperate a little. What a great day!

I'm glad everyone had a good time, and many thanks for the help, contributions, and company. We've got a pretty great group here! :joshsmith:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great day - thanks Ppants and everyone who brought food, canopies, and good conversation!

It was great seeing old friends, making new ones, and seeing so many diving crazies.

Picked up my new Extreme Plus from Mr. Rawlings and got an intriguing look at Dusty's new can lights. Might be one of those in my future!

Thanks everyone!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I finally got to meet a lot of faces on the board. Food was great too. Thanks for organizing this Penelope. Lol.
I had a great time diving with McLeod & JeremyB on the first Dive. JeremyB, Celso and Ben on the second dive. JeremyB on the third dive.

PS: Ross,
Jeremy and I did a sweep (2X) on the grid you told us where you dropped your fins, but no success. Sorry dude!

I wanna get a NWDC shirt. Somebody"s gotta have a stash someplace. C'mon! Don't make me hurt ya! Better yet, I won't bring "Lumpia" anymore. Lol.

Thank you all!
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Did anyone take Dusty's light for a spin, and did DBrown recover his fins and boots?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

I had a great time, met a lot of great crazy people, tried out some new gear (Thanks LCF! :notworthy: ), and worked on getting a step or two up that ol' learning curve... Many thanks to Pennllppyypants :-) for being such a great organizer!

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! July 9th at Redo

Post by scottsax »

Tom Nic wrote:Did anyone take Dusty's light for a spin, and did DBrown recover his fins and boots?
Don't know about Dusty's light (although I think I'm going to need to check one out myself), but dbrown got both of his boots and fins back! ktb went out with jenbowes and MattS and retrieved them. The boots were jammed into the fins still!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:Did anyone take Dusty's light for a spin, and did DBrown recover his fins and boots?
Unfortunately my timing seems to have been bad. Allot of people wanted to but they were either finished diving or not diving today :angry:

Anyone want to try it locally just let me know and I will try to get it to ya. Meantime you can ask deepdiver or RFT what they think. I sold one to RFT awhile back and he loves it. deepdiver has dove with him several times since he got it and wants one real bad. In fact He has already requested that I bring one up to him next visit. Unfortunately RFT (bob) doesn't get on the board all that often but he said if someone is curious about the light's performance they can email him.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

How odd ... could've sworn I posted some pics in this thread last night but perhaps I was narc'd ... anyway, thanks to all for a wonderful day yesterday. I got in two dives, the second with a friend I don't dive with often enough who found me the tiniest lumpsucker I think I've ever seen ... too small for me to even try taking a picture. But I did get a few other shots I liked.

From my first (solo) dive ...

... bottled octopus ...

... striped nudi ... they're all over Redondo right now ...

... and coming back upslope in very poor vis ... a rusty jelly ...

From the second dive ...

... a scalyhead head ...

... my favorite shot of the day ... another striped nudi ...

And post-dive ... Mr. She-P ...

Thanks to everyone for a fun, relaxing day ... I really needed that ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

I didn't make it to the meet, but a buddy of mine bought one of Dusty's lights about a month ago. I have gone diving with him a few times and borrowed it once. The light is extremly bright on high setting, seems most times I would only be using the low setting, but nice to have a brighter setting to.

The head and can seem extremly well made. I really like the fact that it is not glued together like other lights I have seen.
I'm going to be picking mine up when Rich comes back over here to Port Townsend. Hard to beat the price as other can lights costs between 8 and 9 hundred and don't seem to be as bright. I know Dusty would stand behind his one year warranty if something should have a problem, I just don't see as anyone would have a problem. I'm sure more and more people will be buying them, so he'll be very busy making them, hope he will still have time to dive :rofl:
It's a good day.... nobody died!