New to the board

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
cinsea
Getting To Know Folks

New to the board

Post by cinsea »

Hi all. I've been diving for three years or so, but just found this board via a flyer in the goodie bag I got at DATC. I'm in Seattle and have a rescue diver level certification. I look forward to digging around one here, and hopefully meeting some new buddies and checking out some new dive sites!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Re: New to the board

Post by Blaiz »

welcome!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Welcome to the nut house. You'll find plenty of dive buddies here. What part of Seattle are you in? I'm in Renton, so I do the Alki area, Three Tree, Redondo and the like as often as possible. What days are good for you to dive?

Again, welcome!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Welcome to the Club... Sooo are you a N. or S. Seattlite? and when are you available??? Edmonds and Mukilteo are the sites I know best... Thursday evenings is the shop dive for Evergreen Dive @ Muk also see the MMM ( Monday Mukilteo Madness) thread... Wednesday Norris hosts a dive @ Edmonds and Sundays are always good anywhere... :angelblue:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

Welcome to the board! =)
cinsea
Getting To Know Folks

Post by cinsea »

Thank you for the welcome!
Sooo are you a N. or S. Seattlite?
I'm in North Seattle. I've done most of my diving at the Edmonds UWP, but am also familiar with Mukilteo and Seacrest Cove II.
and when are you available???
I'm usually available all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Evenings during the week are a little harder (especially later in the week) because my alarm goes off at 4:15 on work days, but I find that I generally have enough time to get my gear cleaned up and still get a decent night's sleep as long as I'm in the water by 18:30 or so.
so I do the Alki area, Three Tree, Redondo and the like as often as possible
DATC was the first time I have been to Redondo, and I definitely would like to explore around there with someone who is familiar with it. I'd also like to get more familiar with Alki. I've never been to Three Tree.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cinsea wrote: I've never been to Three Tree.
:eek: Oh you need to come down on a Thursday night and do a couple of dives at Three Tree N. with us!
Welcome to the Board / Club, your one of us now! :pirate: :highfive:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to NWDC!

As you can tell from the responses above, there's a LOT of potential dive buddies here! It's why this board was created!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/