Argon Cylinder Mounting

General topics about technical diving.
BlowBubbles
Frequent Bubbler

Argon Cylinder Mounting

Post by BlowBubbles »

How are divers mounting their argon cylinders? Size and location. Mounting cylinder to side of plate, waist belt, back cylinder(s) or a add on drysuit pocket.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Argon Cylinder Mounting

Post by Nwbrewer »

6cuft on the plate with 2" webbing and bungee mount.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Nwbrewer wrote:6cuft on the plate with 2" webbing and bungee mount.
+1
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm assuming there's some awesome nwbrewer diy mount, right?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

scottsax wrote:I'm assuming there's some awesome nwbrewer diy mount, right?
Of course, but it's more or less the standard UTD mount. I just cut the 2" webbing and added some bungee to keep it tight to the plate.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

an even quicker DYI mount is thicker bungee loop with a knot, slip the loop through the BP sex-bolt hole in the middle-left, so the knot keeps the bungee in place and loop it over the 6cft argon, then a thinner bungee at the bottom of the BP that hooks over the valve/reg.. its a pretty elegant solution and the bottle aint goin nowhere.. I did this for a few people "on site" and its pretty portable too..

2 pieces of bungee.. doesnt get simplier, cheaper and easier.

the more "official" config is a piece of webbing (I used a thick bungee here instead of the webbing) and a thin bungee at the bottom.. kinda looks like this:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White