Undercurrent Magazine

General banter about diving and why we love it.
divernick
Aquaphile

Undercurrent Magazine

Post by divernick »

Anyone subscribe to it? My dad, who is not a diver, got a mailing from them wanting him to subscribe. It looks like an interesting mag, but I don't know anything about it. Does anyone else?

Nick
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

No one?
Just J
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Just J »

I thought Undercurrent was OK.... Pretty decent write ups of the resorts folks had gone to and the chapbook is a nice resource to at least get some dive shop/op info for a desired location. My struggle is that you are reading the opinions of different people all the time and one persons definition of luxury is not necessarily consistent with your own. If I recall, it isn't all that expensive so for a year of it, it is worth a try to see if you like it.
RDW
Aquaphile

Undercurrent Mag

Post by RDW »

This mag has been published for over 25 years. When dive travel was beginning to shove-off from the dock, it was a grand idea to cover the places all the dives rags were talking about. When you consider that this was in a galaxy far, far away from the internet, it made sense.
It was the 'Consumers Report" for the dive biz back in the day. These days, the net somewhat beats it to the report. However, the reporting is well done in most cases. They have had their problems in the past. It still hangs in there. It is a well respected journal for the serious dive traveller. No pay for fluffy reporting. As with all dive travel reports...take with a big grain of salt. I still subscribe to it. It's cheap.
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."