New to the board! and diving!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Diver1974
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to the board! and diving!

Post by Diver1974 »

Hello everyone, I am new to the sport of diving and just got my Open Water about a week ago. I loved it so much that I have gotten all my own gear and tanks. Now I just need to find some people that I can tag along with to dive. I have signed up for all my specialty classes to get my advanced and master diver certs. At any rate, hope to dive with some of you soon!

Greg

PS Anyone going tomorrow on the North coast anywhere????
Blaiz
Pelagic

Re: New to the board! and diving!

Post by Blaiz »

Greg, i saw your thread on the dive buddy board, and, while i don't get down to california, north or otherwise, very often, I'd be glad to extend a hearty welcome to these boards, and the standing invitation that if you find yourself on Whidbey Island I'll show you around

I understand completely your enthusiasm!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Diver1974
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Diver1974 »

Thanks man! Yes I can't believe how much fun it is. I will put some dives under my belt and I am not opposed to traveling to dive if there are some cool dives to be done! I believe that my GF has a best friend in WA so that trip could be real feasible!
At any rate, thanks for the welcome aboard and look forward to possibly diving with you in the future!

Greg
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

Welcome to the forums. Let us know when you're in Seattle and we'll go diving.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You might check out the NorCal subforum on ScubaBoard. There are a handful of Northern California divers there. Where exactly are you? Diving conditions north of San Francisco can be challenging, but I understand there ARE some good sites.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Diver1974
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Diver1974 »

Thanks for the heads up, I will check that section out. I am in Sonoma and dive Gerstle cove, Fort Ross and those areas. Yes, the currents are pretty good in these areas, but some cool stuff to look at. Hopefully I will be going out tomorrow with a fella to Monterey!!!!